netgear router wireless

Hey guys, i have a Netgear wireless router (model #WNR834B)... anyways, i come home from university to find that i forgot my password to my parent's wireless router (its connected to a linksys cable modem). Anyways, i proceed to do a simple reset of the router... Only to find that ever since, any computers attempting to go onto the internet through this router have not been able to do so. Internet shows up on the wireless laptops here, but we arent able to surf (no web pages load, limited internet capabilities warning comes up). Also, now every time i reset the damn router, i get less and less access to the 192.168.1.1 crap. Meaning, at the beginning the router access worked perfectly. No freezing, no "cannot find page" errors, etc. Now it constantly gives me those errors while also (for some reason) not broadcasting the router's name and stuff. I proceeded to starting fresh, power cycling the modem and resetting/re-installing the router. Well, i cannot finish the installation of the router (tech support said everything should be good to go after i did that reset, but they just wanted to get me off the phone and werent helpful at all). So what can i do at this point to get wireless functions working again? (wired was working, now that wont even work now).

Can you guys get back to me before the end of tomorrow (24 hours or so)... I go back to university by then and i need to fix this, thanks

Ok wierd, by some dumb luck i got it to start broadcasting wirelessly again, and every laptop in this house now works on wifi except mine! My laptop and my moms are identical, but my wireless just wont connect, hard wire does just fine... any insights? (we both have dell inspiron E1505's)... yea yea i know a dell but whatever

Ok wierd, by some dumb luck i got it to start broadcasting wirelessly again, and every laptop in this house now works on wifi except mine! My laptop and my moms are identical, but my wireless just wont connect, hard wire does just fine... any insights? (we both have dell inspiron E1505's)... yea yea i know a dell but whatever

Did you try uninstall and reinstalling your wireless card? Also check the little switch or button on the laptop to make sure your wi-fi is turned on. Also, Are you using Windows? Or software for the card?

i was using windows software on the wifi card, and i finally got it to work... i went to compusa where i got the router and threw a fit, and they gave me a new router and this one works flawlessly... i guess i wasnt going crazy after all!

Back