Netgear dropped just about all their Nighthawk line

• Thread starter Deleted member 93354
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 93354

I went to their site and all the high end wireless routers are gone except their new $$$$ gaming router.

CES effect? Out with the old and in with the new?

Now's a good time to get their old stock on clearance.

I was thinking of switching from Linksys after their E8400 kept locking up and dropping my net connection after a year. And Linksys gave me a hard time about sending it back under warranty.

And I wanted something that was reliable, fast, and with semi regular patches for security. That leaves out Asus. And that leaves Archer, DLink, and Netgear

Last edited by a moderator:
I just switched from a nighthawk to their orbi with two satellites... better coverage for our bigger house and higher speeds. So far I’m a fan.

I never used Unifi and a co worker convinced me to go the route of Mikrotik over that for power/flexibility/general things you can do.

Now I dropped/sold my Applecentric Wi-Fi setup (so I couldn’t go back) and setup a cloud series switch/two hap ac. Actually it was more like spent time reading, surfing and trial and error over the course of a week to get things semi back to normal. One thing I liked that took some time is using the hap 2.4G radio as a back bone to the crs while the 5G handles Wi-Fi, this was one of the only ways to get home coverage through all this concrete.

Looking at unifi, I would have been up and running the same day.

802.1ax draft routers are getting ready to drop. So, it's probably that.

Both? I have a Mikrotik router, with Unifi AP's. I think I read about it here somewhere.

*NOTE* I am still running my Nighthawk R7000. I got the Mikrotik for Christmas, and the UniFi AC AP's just arrived today.

Let me know how it goes. <Ears Up>

Back