Netflix VR App Now Available On Google Play

HardOCP News

[H] News
For those of you interested, you can now get the Netflix VR app for Google's Daydream on Google Play. The app requires a separate log-in from the main Netflix app and doesn't seem to support offline downloads just yet either.

Enjoy TV shows and movies, including award-winning Netflix original series, movies, and documentaries. With Netflix, you can watch all you want anytime, anywhere. The more you watch, the better Netflix gets at recommending TV shows and movies that you’ll love—just for you. There’s even a section just for kids with family-friendly shows and movies.

This is pointless unless Netflix is planning to add some stereoscopic 360 VR content. No one is interested in a flat VR "theater experience".

and its limited to 480p. if it was at least 1080p and a simulated theater with a perceived 100'+ screen it might be better.

And yet it's a popular app on GearVR.
I hardly even consider that VR. I was thinking Vive/Rift. There are other programs out there like BigScreen and Virtual Desktop that I could use to watch any video content including Netflix, yet I never use it for that. When I have my Vive on, I'm only interested in real steroescopic VR. Maybe I should have qualified my comment to say no one with a real HMD is interested in a flat theater experience.

Last edited:
Back