Netflix Users, Time to Pick a Plan

So it seems Netflix's popularity is what caused this because when it comes time for them to renegotiate with studios for content the studios are demanding a much higher price than their previous deals. The question is, how long until Redbox rentals go up to $1.25 or $1.50 because of the same stunt by studios? The vast majority of the FU Netflix comments on here mention Redbox as their alternative. That popularity is sure to catch up with them sooner or later.

Personally I canceled discs and will be keeping streaming. Gotta finish Mad Men. I will have to supplement with Redbox like many have mentioned and maybe the occasional torrent when the nasty 28 day delay strikes.

They need to update or better their streaming service. Video quality is so so, the option for original audio tracks are not there (as well as subtitle options) and the entire selection is just "Starz On Demand". There are too many titles not available by streaming. Amazon and Hulu arent viable options, Hulu's movie selection sucks, as does Amazon's prime movie selection.

I'll stick with streaming, I have a great internet connection so the quality of it (their HD streaming)is very very good, better than DVD, not as good as blu ray.

$8 a month for streaming, there is nothing in comparison, barely use the DVD side. So for me this isn't a big deal

Streaming and then redbox blu ray for new releases

What's Netflix?

I must be the only person on the planet that doesn't have an account. No desire to sign up either.

I went full cancel. Eff it. I can DVR my own shows (without commercials) and archive them for later watching. If I really need to, I can go to Redbox for new movies.

I'm just going to completely cancel. Everything I want to watch is DVD only, which really annoys me...I just want high quality streams. I'll get Hulu for my TV shows.

Its still a great deal considering how much cable/dish costs and how oversaturated they are with commercials.

The problem with redbox is the selection is a complete joke. The ones in my area dont even have BD yet.

After trying Redbox one weekend I hated it. Went to one 7-11, didn't have the titles.. had to drive to another location at Walgreens.. still sold out on the bluray titles I wanted.

Had to finally settle for a Blockbuster Express center that had a different bluray title that I decided to go with after driving around.

Not worth it IMO.

That is why you use the Redbox app on your phone(Android for me). It will tell me what location the movie is at and I can reserve a copy from my phone.

I cancelled my Netflix streaming package due to lack of selection. I cancelled my 1-DVD because of the hassle it takes to rent, wait for the DVD, then return the DVD, wait for them to receive it, then start the process all over again.

I Redbox new movies I want to see, and "download" TV episodes, or just DVR them.

I already have my account set to go digital only on the 19th of Sept.
I hardly ever used the DVD portion in the years I have had the service and I rented 9 DVD's in the past month just to get my moneys worth before the switch.

Dropped streaming and went with the two DVDs out at a time plan. Selection was too piss poor on streaming alone.

Went from 2 DVDs + streaming to just 2 DVDs. Saves a couple bucks a month, and if we watched 2-3 movies/tv episodes each month from streaming, it was a busy month. May consider cancelling once I've gotten through some tv series and older movies I want to see again.

1 dvd unlimited and streaming we are doing with hulu +

we tried this but we didn't like what Hulu+ was offering anymore than Netflix. Hulu gets lots of new TV but when it came to movies, they had a complete pile of shit, even worse than Netflix.

I cancelled at the end of last month. I have a job and law school, so it's not like I have time to watch a lot anyway. At the price they had it, it was worth it to keep around to watch a couple movies a month and maybe check out a DVD. They raised the price suddenly, and with no added material to justify the price hike. While they may be doing this to improve things down the road, if I go to a restaurant every day, and one day the prices double for the same dish with the end result being a nicer experience a year from now, you can bet I won't be back for a while, if ever.

we canceled streaming last week. nowhere near enough "good" content to justify the price.

Meh, now aday don't have much time for watching movies much less streaming.
I dropped back to 1 DVD at a time and dropped streaming.
The content was poor and the quality was pretty bad at times even with descent broadband.

I went with the 1 bluray at a time plan. I thought I'd go to Amazon but I realized they want 5 bucks for a high def rental, and 4 bucks for standard def of anything new.

Streaming content was way too weak to pay for it. Anyway, I made enough money shorting Netflix after their pricing change to pay for the bluray subscription for life :p

switched to streaming a month ago. If they dont improve the selection more than they have may be leaving by the end of the year.

Yep.

Disc format is dead...along with B/R.

It's streaming or nothing. Considering how deplorable the selection of streaming video is, the only solution is to cancel.

Yep.

Disc format is dead...along with B/R.

It's streaming or nothing. Considering how deplorable the selection of streaming video is, the only solution is to cancel.

Hm. No. Sorry, but blu-ray exceeds any form of streaming in picture and sound quality by leaps and bounds. Of course, that's only if you care about those 2 things.

Back