Netflix Releases Sneak Peek At New Voltron Series

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Voltron is coming back after three decades. Whatever happened to the live-action movie?

June 10th will see the release of the first 13 episodes in the new series, each 22 minutes long, making for a perfect binge-watching session. The show features a few plot updates from the 1984 original, but still keeps the core basics: five young people on Earth get involved in an intergalactic battle and are tasked with fighting monsters as they each pilot a robotic lion. Once joined together, they form Voltron's arms, legs, head, and torso, and wield a giant, blazing sword.

holy shit i used to watch that show growing up. nice to see it resurrected again.

Dreamworks? It'll suck. Maybe if Toei Animation or maybe Sunrise made this I might bother caring.

Wife and I re-watched the original Voltron...and the Nostalgia wasn't there. The massive amount of sexism was just horrible to where we stopped. Hopefully this redo will bring back a little of the magic.

There was already a redo of this series a couple of years ago called Voltron Force. Wasn't too bad as far as kids cartoons go...

Wife and I re-watched the original Voltron...and the Nostalgia wasn't there. The massive amount of sexism was just horrible to where we stopped. Hopefully this redo will bring back a little of the magic.
So that must be why I commit violence against women every day by disagreeing with them...

Jesus, grow a pair.

Back