Netflix Cancels The Punisher And Jessica Jones

Bummer for me. I will miss the Punisher. Jon Bernthal overacts a little bit but I still liked him in the part. I enjoyed both seasons. I could care less about Jessica, never liked the bitch.

I agree with Netflix on this one. Why should they pay to make Disney TV? We all know that Disney said that it will pull all of it's stuff off Netflix when they start their competing service later this year.

Get woke, go broke.

Most sane people don't want politics in their entertainment. They seek out entertainment to escape the world not be battered with it.
We don't agree often, but on this for sure. I watch movies and TV to be entertained, not preached at, or condemned for being "straight white male".

Whether you like it or not, Star Trek has always tackled social justice issues. Last I checked, the original crew included a Russian man, a Japanese man (whose actor happens to be gay), and a black woman at a time when that was pretty ground breaking. Sci-fi and comics have often been on the leading edge of these issues. Bringing real issues into it allows some of these shows to have villains that have complex motivations. It makes them seem more like real people in a fantasy world.

Star Trek the original series just had them on screen doing their job. The story wasn't about the fact that there was a black woman on the bridge, or an Asian, or a Russian. That wasn't the point of the story. They weren't superheroes, they weren't brilliant at everything. They just were. Every character, whether male, female, black, white, green, purple, Russian, Asian, etc ... they were all just good at their jobs and did them alongside everyone else. The modern interpretation of that says that you can't just have that character on screen being equal, but the story has to focus on them to the exclusion of all else and that they must be brilliant and everyone else must be morons. Even when they're not written as brilliant it just means that everyone else must be even MORE moronic to compensate. The hero must win, they must be a minority, and if everyone else has to be dumb as a post to compensate ... so be it.

Whether you like it or not, Star Trek has always tackled social justice issues. Last I checked, the original crew included a Russian man, a Japanese man (whose actor happens to be gay), and a black woman at a time when that was pretty ground breaking. Sci-fi and comics have often been on the leading edge of these issues. Bringing real issues into it allows some of these shows to have villains that have complex motivations. It makes them seem more like real people in a fantasy world.

I'm not being sarcastic: what is all of this "SJW" stuff all of you are up in arms over? Do you really care that much that there was an overweight Asian woman in the last Star Wars? Seriously, I can think of dozens of better things to criticize it over. Furthermore, have you for the last 40 years missed that Star Wars was taking jabs at ultra-nationalism and authoritarianism? Why do you think the bad guys are called "storm troopers?" George Lucas didn't make up that name or pick it out of a hat.

Art often critiques the societal context in which it takes place. The idea that art exists in a vacuum and bears no relationship to the issues of its day is about the silliest thing I've ever heard. If you think this is a modern phenomenon, than you must have missed the 20th century... and the 19th... and the 18th... If you want examples, I can give you as many as you want.
Social Issues <> Social Justices Issues.

10 minutes of Spock's Brain dismisses any SJW-like Social Justice Absolutism. SJWs propagandize. They don't discuss social issues. ST:TOS put issues up for discussion. Spock usually took the logical side and Bones took the emotional side when they needed to be presented. Sometimes the logical side was left sometimes right just like the emotional side. Kirk weighed in with integrating the two sides of an issue against norms and what was practical. SJW's side must always win. There is no compromise. There is no discusssion.

I call BS more than likely Disney pulled the plug although Netflix denies it....

Not sure he meant Reality TV as in "Survivor", "Property Brothers" and "Diners, Drive-in's and Dives". That shit is just awful, and I wish they would all just die in a fire.

"[House Hunters episode]
HUSBAND: "I sell used 8-track tapes"
WIFE: "And I hang potatoes in people's garages"
HUSBAND: Our budget is $950K
"

I'm thinking he means more realistic scripted content. Thrillers, crime drama's maybe even some sci-fi. Stuff that doesn't require too much suspense of disbelief.

More "Breaking Bad", less "The Bachelor".

That I am fine with. I am even fine with more documentaries since people learn things (provided they are done accurately). I am not fine with more game shows and survivor type bullshit. Nobody I know actually wants to see that shit but they all watch it because its the only thing on (I do not).

The original Star Trek was SJW for its time. Granted it was the 1960's and the bar was pretty low (really low), but Star Trek has always had a strong flavor of drama and morality.

You waited for the purple hair? Shit, I didn't make it past the stupid opening sequence where Poe didn't get churned into galactic dogshit facing down a cruiser. "BB-Ballwasher, I need you to make sparks across that panel of 1970's resistors! HURRY! And make some cute noises, I'm dying up here."

I feel the same way about Pawn Stars....

RICK HARRISON: "How much do you want for it?"
CUSTOMER: "$2,000.00."
RICK HARRISON: "Well, I'm gonna have to call in an expert..."
THE EXPERT: "It's worth about $2,000.00."
RICK HARRISON: "Ok. I'll give you $45.00 for it."

For myself, I liked all of the Netflix Marvel content except Iron Fist. I really liked Daredevil and Jessica Jones. Watching the first season of Daredevil, I felt like they stayed true to the origins and the comic while placing him believably in an urban setting. He's a superhero, but he doesn't do anything overtly superhero-ish, like rescue airliners or have enemies that knock down skyscrapers. Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage were part of the landscape they lived in.

2hpd1o.jpg

Reality TV...is just so...scripted!

The creator of survivor just needs to be put down like a rabid dog...

Disney F-ed up Star Wars, so they will NEVER see a dime of my money. CBS is the same way. They continue to peddle that crap they are calling Star Trek. Disney and CBS have lost touch with reality and are living in a SJW world.

Settle down... After the prequels how can you say that DISNEY ruined Star Wars?

I, and I am most definitely not alone, also enjoy Discovery, different though it may be.

Yet another person addicted to throwing SJW around... Amusingly older ST series were way more focused on social commentary than Discovery!

Maybe Disney can take the Punisher and what Netflix has done and turn it into a non suck Punisher movie with Bernthal as lead.

OR more likely they'll either do something to ruin it or just never continue it -- I only say this because of how they're (thus far) milking and destroying Star Wars.

Hoping they can turn it around - they did say they planned on the continuation of R rated Marvel movies, doubtful they'll pick up R rated shows on Disney+ (but I could be wrong) as it's supposedly a "family friendly" platform. I'd like to see them do what Netflix does with User profiles and have kid and adult versions with different accessible content and continue the ultraviolence which made shows like Daredevil and Punisher so appealing.

Maybe Disney can take the Punisher and what Netflix has done and turn it into a non suck Punisher movie with Bernthal as lead.

OR more likely they'll either do something to ruin it or just never continue it -- I only say this because of how they're (thus far) milking and destroying Star Wars.

Hoping they can turn it around - they did say they planned on the continuation of R rated Marvel movies, doubtful they'll pick up R rated shows on Disney+ (but I could be wrong) as it's supposedly a "family friendly" platform. I'd like to see them do what Netflix does with User profiles and have kid and adult versions with different accessible content and continue the ultraviolence which made shows like Daredevil and Punisher so appealing.
I really don't get this outrage over Star Wars. It's almost like the men of [H] actually think the 3 prequels are good. TPM is barely watchable. Clones is only good if you skip every other chapter and Sith is OK. I'd rather watch TFA or Solo over any of them. Last Jedi was OK in theaters, but one time is enough.

That said, I think they're nuts if they don't continue the marvel shows (with the possible exception of iron fist, which all my friends have said sucks).

Settle down... After the prequels how can you say that DISNEY ruined Star Wars?

I, and I am most definitely not alone, also enjoy Discovery, different though it may be.

Yet another person addicted to throwing SJW around... Amusingly older ST series were way more focused on social commentary than Discovery!

Disney just did what they do with evertyhing else and I am not talking about releasing it on dvd for the first and last time ever 800 times ;). No they continued to drive it down into the shitter. They didnt start the ruin but they damn well finished it.

As for TOS being more SJW than Discovery: Id say sure except for the fact that TOS *mostly* didnt shove it in your face like Discovery seems to. The quintessential Kirk/Uhura kiss was an integral part of the story and didnt come with any "this is right you are wrong for thinking its not" bullshit. The gay kiss on Discovery? Felt contrived much like their entire premise. It felt forced. I didnt give a shit either way but I thought it couldve been done a lot better. The Kirk/Uhura kiss was so well done it was hard to imagine it not being in the episode.

I mainly refuse to watch Discovery because its on a separate pay streaming service. So i see it free when I can. I still watch it because its Trek but its by no means the best Trek around.

I really don't get this outrage over Star Wars. It's almost like the men of [H] actually think the 3 prequels are good. TPM is barely watchable. Clones is only good if you skip every other chapter and Sith is OK. I'd rather watch TFA or Solo over any of them. Last Jedi was OK in theaters, but one time is enough.

That said, I think they're nuts if they don't continue the marvel shows (with the possible exception of iron fist, which all my friends have said sucks).

I am one of the few that hated all the other shows but liked Iron Fist. Oh I thought the writing was shit and the acting terrible but I thought of all of them it was the most interesting and the "least bad". Well Ok I think I liked season one of DareDevil more but it just went to shit in season 2 and I forgot about the whole show.

Solo was good, for sure. The rest of the new Star Wars movies, meh at best so far - TLJ was awful for me, not blaming Disney for Mark Hamill's terrible acting in that one. I'm more against what I *THINK* Disney will do with these IPs - milk them to the point that people say ENOUGH, we're tired of these franchises.

Hopefully The Punisher and Daredevil get second chances, but I think they'll end up skipping over them to make new character movies that could do better seeing as the viewer ratings and numbers actually dropped over time for the Netflix Marvel shows.

If you are aware of my posting history here, you'll know that I'm militantly anti-piracy, but cripes if I was an amoral teen again I would be tempted. It seemed like we'd finally found a sweet spot where services were enough of a deal that people wouldn't be willing to pay instead of pirate. Now with all the fracturing, it's again becoming a pirate's market—not because of costs so much, but because of convenience.

Since I'm anti-piracy and try to avoid being a hypocrite, I'll just forgo all the various shows scattered around the various services. Too big a pain in the ass. I'll just play my guitar and peruse random Youtube videos.
piracy is actually a good idea, as a thougt. but society dont work in this way for it to work. seeing how predatory alot of publishers are today. that they had a few million less earned when they sit on a mountain of money :p probably most of the money go to ppl who dont actively even work on the games, that is some form of "piracy". i know i pirated alot in the past but now i just buy the games and i occationally pull a movie or tv-show i cant find on any streaming service in lack of availability for most part. if i didnt buy anything, i wouldnt anyway and surely wouldnt if i cant find it anywhere :p but torrenting is close ish to it's end now anyway as everyone excersice more and more control and surveilance across the board. sites go offline all the time now and probably going to end someday.

piracy is actually a good idea, as a thougt. but society dont work in this way for it to work. seeing how predatory alot of publishers are today. that they had a few million less earned when they sit on a mountain of money :p probably most of the money go to ppl who dont actively even work on the games, that is some form of "piracy". i know i pirated alot in the past but now i just buy the games and i occationally pull a movie or tv-show i cant find on any streaming service in lack of availability for most part. if i didnt buy anything, i wouldnt anyway and surely wouldnt if i cant find it anywhere :p but torrenting is close ish to it's end now anyway as everyone excersice more and more control and surveilance across the board. sites go offline all the time now and probably going to end someday.

How exactly is piracy a good idea? I assume you are limiting it to digital theft and not the rape and murder REAL pirates commit alongside their theft.

How exactly is piracy a good idea? I assume you are limiting it to digital theft and not the rape and murder REAL pirates commit alongside their theft.
so, ppl owning money should own everything and that is better. regardless if they even contribute anything is a better idea? that is how it is today. ppl owning money who profits on money, with money without ever doing anything at all. is that not a form of piracy? piracy is just a heads up to how society should work, not dictated by money. but maybe more in terms of a resource based economy, where ultimately everyone shares eachothers work. and there really isnt money at all, and everyone would thrive on the fact that we share society and no work is more worth then other. and not have leeches at the top who own money who own ppl who actually make something. if u are this adamant against piracy and cannot take a honest look at this world and how money and econmy works and see nothing wrong with it, i think you need to adjust your perspective and knowledge to be honest. ofc. u wont agree with that but that just proves what kind of intelligence u posses. no offense. there is actually other ways a society could work you know. even i u believe it or not, "democrazy" and how this world is preyed upon is more of an issue. i rather see this entire world as a huge entity working for eachother, where profits are not the goal but the advancements of the eniter human race, regardless of how capable you are. we all serve and equally important role in this life in some way.

Last edited:
so, ppl owning money should own everything and that is better. regardless if they even contribute anything is a better idea? that is how it is today. ppl owning money who profits on money, with money without ever doing anything at all. is that not a form of piracy? piracy is just a heads up to how society should work, not dictated by money. but maybe more in terms of a resource based economy, where ultimately everyone shares eachothers work. and there really isnt money at all, and everyone would thrive on the fact that we share society and no work is more worth then other. and not have leeches at the top who own money who own ppl who actually make something. if u are this adamant against piracy and cannot take a honest look at this world and how money and econmy works and see nothing wrong with it, i think you need to adjust your perspective and knowledge to be honest. ofc. u wont agree with that but that just proves what kind of intelligence u posses. no offense.

I think you actually did intend to be offensive. You havent actually said why you think piracy is good (again limiting it to digital forms since I assume you do not condone murder and rape....right???). All you said was that people who "own money" should not own everything. Money is the accepted form of exchange in todays society. Its no different than if I agreed to pay you in chicken eggs for services rendered - in that respect the chicken eggs become money. I honestly do not have a good idea on your thought process....other than to say you should be able to take anything someone else has because its not fair that you dont have it.

I have news for you buddy taking something from someone is called theft. You wouldnt move into a room in my house because it was nicer than yours would you?

I think you actually did intend to be offensive. You havent actually said why you think piracy is good (again limiting it to digital forms since I assume you do not condone murder and rape....right???). All you said was that people who "own money" should not own everything. Money is the accepted form of exchange in todays society. Its no different than if I agreed to pay you in chicken eggs for services rendered - in that respect the chicken eggs become money. I honestly do not have a good idea on your thought process....other than to say you should be able to take anything someone else has because its not fair that you dont have it.

I have news for you buddy taking something from someone is called theft. You wouldnt move into a room in my house because it was nicer than yours would you?
murder and rape is completely different thing, did i say that was ok, not at all. my idea wont work in current society, i know that, so i buy games i like i dont really pirate like i did in the old days. cause yeah, the developers need the money to keep making them, but most of the money earned is probably not in the hands of those who actually make the games, but instead end up at the publisher and their shareholders. resource based economy is actually not a bad concept at all, wich most likely wont work well today. let's just say, i am employed with selling let's say computer parts. then, the ppl who were making games f.ex they could take what they needed to support what they are doing, or if i needed food i could take what i needed for food, or i could play their games for free. i guess it isnt easy to make a society where everything is shared for resources. obv. a person wouldnt be allowed to take all the hardware in that store, nor would i be free to just come with a semi trailer and take all the food from the store. im not exactly sure how a system like this would work, but it probably is possible. but alot of things would need to change.

and no, i wouldnt move into your house, most likely in a society like that everyone would have a place to live i guess, but then it would mean that, one person having a huge house with 40 rooms, not a likely scenario. everything would have to be more even and equal.

because how is it fair that some ppl should live in so much excess that they dont natrually need at the expense of the rest of the society, current economy is just funneling everything to the top. because they exploit the current system in place. i know it's a crazy idea probably but. it might just be a utopian idea. but i do think that, it would enjoy a quality life style for everyone in the world. im prety sure the society as a whole have the capacity for it.

We don't agree often, but on this for sure. I watch movies and TV to be entertained, not preached at, or condemned for being "straight white male".

Or the god damn ad injection in shows now..... "Oh looks you're driving that new <insert car make/model> with that cool <insert some stupid fucking feature>! Wow show me how that works......" That shit pisses me off.

murder and rape is completely different thing, did i say that was ok, not at all. my idea wont work in current society, i know that, so i buy games i like i dont really pirate like i did in the old days. cause yeah, the developers need the money to keep making them, but most of the money earned is probably not in the hands of those who actually make the games, but instead end up at the publisher and their shareholders. resource based economy is actually not a bad concept at all, wich most likely wont work well today. let's just say, i am employed with selling let's say computer parts. then, the ppl who were making games f.ex they could take what they needed to support what they are doing, or if i needed food i could take what i needed for food, or i could play their games for free. i guess it isnt easy to make a society where everything is shared for resources. obv. a person wouldnt be allowed to take all the hardware in that store, nor would i be free to just come with a semi trailer and take all the food from the store. im not exactly sure how a system like this would work, but it probably is possible. but alot of things would need to change.

and no, i wouldnt move into your house, most likely in a society like that everyone would have a place to live i guess, but then it would mean that, one person having a huge house with 40 rooms, not a likely scenario. everything would have to be more even and equal.

because how is it fair that some ppl should live in so much excess that they dont natrually need at the expense of the rest of the society, current economy is just funneling everything to the top. because they exploit the current system in place. i know it's a crazy idea probably but. it might just be a utopian idea. but i do think that, it would enjoy a quality life style for everyone in the world. im prety sure the society as a whole have the capacity for it.

How is it fair that I work 80 hour work weeks to afford a large house, nice car, boat etc and you get to just take it away because I dont "naturally need" it? I worked for it not you.

Your ideas are simply untenable as long as resources (of any sort) are limited. Life is not equal naturally. Do you think the bear that eats more fruits/proteins than his neighboring bear gives two shits that the other bear died of starvation?

Back