Netflix Brings Dragon's Dogma and Other Japanese Anime to the Platform

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Netflix has announced that it has signed a deal to bring numerous Japanese anime to the platform. These are well known properties from leading Japanese production companies. Some of the announced series include Altered Carbon: Resleeved, Dragon's Dogma, Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045, SPRIGGAN, Super Crooks and Vampire in the Garden. I absolutely loved the Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen video game and rate it as one of the best RPG games on the PC. PC Gamer hopes this might encourage Capcom to create a sequel.

"Netflix aims to be the most compelling and attractive home for anime fans, creators and production studios. We are creating an environment where production houses can do their best work, and deliver their shows on a service where we connect anime fans from over 190 countries to content they love" said Netflix Director of Content (Japan), John Derderian.

Whadyaknow, maybe there will be something worth watching on it. I have it free from T-Mobile but haven't found anything worth spending the time on (little that I have to be precise).

I thought Crunchyroll was the premier place for all the world to get anime? funimationNOW! is also a great experience

I thought Crunchyroll was the premier place for all the world to get anime? funimationNOW! is also a great experience

it still will be for the bigger name stuff that everyone knows.this will definitely open the door for the smaller studio's to have a platform to try and release things other studio's deemed to risky(low profit) to release which has always been netflix's moto.

Castlevania was pretty good so there is hope for Dragon's Dogma.
The Netflix Castlevania series is not an anime. It was made by American animation company Powerhouse Animation Studios and directed by the American brothers Sam and Adam Deats. Executive Producer was Indian-American Adi Shankar.

The Netflix Castlevania series is not an anime. It was made by American animation company Powerhouse Animation Studios and directed by the American brothers Sam and Adam Deats. Executive Producer was Indian-American Adi Shankar.

So is anime like Champagne or Parmasean cheese? It's only legit if it comes from Japan?

Sounds a bit... judgey

Dragons dogma and witcher are coming to Film? Awesome! Oh its Netflix circa 2019 post death note. Face with a frown.

Seems world is hellbent on convincing me that George Lucas was the least of my problems when it comes to crapping on my beloved franchises.

Appears lion king and Avatar was peak hollywood anime. All down hill from here.

They need to bring more Japanese and Korean Comedies/RomComs/Dramas to Netflix (and Amazon Prime)

There are some real gems out there that go right under the radar for some reason

Hollywood and netwood suck.

☆returns to watching live action battleship yamato on funimation.

So is anime like Champagne or Parmasean cheese? It's only legit if it comes from Japan?

Sounds a bit... judgey
Anime literally refers to animation originating from or associated with Japan. Castlevania netiher originates from nor is associated with Japan.

Anime literally refers to animation originating from or associated with Japan. Castlevania netiher originates from nor is associated with Japan.

If you read past the first sentence in the wikipedia article you are quoting from, it says "Outside Japan, anime refers specifically to animation from Japan or as a Japanese-disseminated animation style often characterized by colorful graphics, vibrant characters and fantastical themes."

Castlevania was certainly made in the style of original Japanese animation. Sushi outside of Japan is still sushi.

If you read past the first sentence in the wikipedia article you are quoting from, it says "Outside Japan, anime refers specifically to animation from Japan or as a Japanese-disseminated animation style often characterized by colorful graphics, vibrant characters and fantastical themes."

Castlevania was certainly made in the style of original Japanese animation. Sushi outside of Japan is still sushi.
I agree, it IS anime, and Americans make excellent anime.

Dragons Dogma the Movie/Series? Whatever... maybe it'll work.

What I really want is Dragon's Dogma the Sequel..loved that game.

I agree, it IS anime, and Americans make excellent anime.

I agree. The artstyle is definetly Japanese anime inspired AND the source material is Japanese. It is close enough to be called anime.

God no. Just more good Sci-Fi is all I care about.

Then don't watch it. It's great for those of us that would like to have more options. Robotech is great Sci-fi. I can't stand the stuff like "One Piece" but their is some great high quality Sci-fi done as Anime. Akira comes to mind, as well as Ghost in the Shell.

Back