Netflix Announces “Super Violent” Castlevania Series for 2017

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
While the project is still in its “miserable little pile of secrets” stage, we will be getting an animated adaptation of one of Konami’s greatest franchises on Netflix this year. Adi Shanker, who produced the awesomely violent Dredd film, is involved and claims that the show will very much be on the darker side. Will we be seeing Alucard slicing the heads off naked succubae? We should find out soon. What would be really interesting if they get Michiru Yamane to score the series.

A Castlevania series will air on Netflix this year, the streaming service has announced. “I’m producing a super violent Castlevania mini-series with my homies Fred Seibert and Kevin Klonde,” [Adi] Shankar said, probably auto-correcting on Frederator executive producer Kevin Kolde. “It’s going to be dark, satirical, and after a decade of propaganda it will flip the vampire sub-genre on its head.” Given that Siebert is involved, we expect Castlevania to be animated – hopefully in a style reminiscent of the beautiful illustrations Ayami Kojima has produced for the series over the years. Certainly Canada’s Globe Mail reports WoW Unlimited, Frederator’s parent company, is involved, and that comics writer Warren Ellis wrote the series.

Will be interested to see how this turns out! I had mixed feelings about Voltron. It was ok but could have been better.

Will be interested to see how this turns out! I had mixed feelings about Voltron. It was ok but could have been better.
I agree. Voltron wasn't bad but I did drifted off by the end of the 2nd season.

Last edited:
I'll watch it , I really liked the vampire hunter D movies. And enjoyed the Netflix original Seven deadly Sins. Can't wait for the new season.

This is pure shit TV. Glad I have parental controls over things like this. There i absolutely no need for this garbage. We can all do with a lot less gore and sex in movies and TV. It's just not needed if the story is compelling.

Ah, nice idea... let's introduce sex scenes in this series

This is pure shit TV. Glad I have parental controls over things like this. There i absolutely no need for this garbage. We can all do with a lot less gore and sex in movies and TV. It's just not needed if the story is compelling.
Don't like it, don't watch it. Real simple. I consider shit like real housewives far more trash than some mindless entertainment with gratuitous violence.

Don't like it, don't watch it. Real simple. I consider shit like real housewives far more trash than some mindless entertainment with gratuitous violence.

Well the plus is that it isn't "OTA", I also can't stand all of these "real housewives" type shows either.

Well it can't be any worst than Captain N's version of Belmont.

Hopefully the dialog will be improved from the games too.

Dracula: What is a man? (flings his wine glass aside) A miserable little pile of secrets!

Damn! This will be awesome - glad to see more animated series coming from Netflix. Side note, has anyone seen Ajin? Pretty dope.

Maybe wait until its actually out to condemn the content rather than sight unseen?

I, for one, am happy that my entertainment choices aren't limited by what you feel comfortable with your young kids watching.

This is why services like Netflix HAVE parental controls.

You sound like a good dad, and that's excellent - we need more of those - but don't presume to try to limit what I get to watch just because you don't want your little ones watching it.

What happened to the Dracula's Curse animated movie that was being written by Warren Ellis?

I, for one, am happy that my entertainment choices aren't limited by what you feel comfortable with your young kids watching.

This is why services like Netflix HAVE parental controls.

You sound like a good dad, and that's excellent - we need more of those - but don't presume to try to limit what I get to watch just because you don't want your little ones watching it.

Point taken! Maybe because I love Sci-Fi and finding it harder and harder to find something good that in the end floods the screen with gore or sex. The Expanse started out great for the first 6 episodes, then whammo, too gross for my old eyes.

No, I'm pretty sure it's mom.

Now, if I was a Younger Dad who seems to have no sexual orientation or "no balls", you could then call me mom. I'm not one of these new age men who hold their coffee cup with two hands. I"m an old fashion, oil changing, rough it sort of guy.

I agree. Voltron wasn't bad but I did drifted off by the end of the 2nd season.

No... the Voltron reboot was so bad as to make a Michael Bay Transformer's film seem the pinnacle of plot development and excellent characterization.

No... the Voltron reboot was so bad as to make a Michael Bay Transformer's film seem the pinnacle of plot development and excellent characterization.

54699551.jpg

Interesting...depending on how it compares to Hellsing, Vampire Hunter D, etc all those in this genre.

Is this actually a Netflix created exclusive? Or a Netflix licensed exclusive?

Is there a special reason why such a sizable portion of the artwork put up to go along with these Castlevania rumors is from Symphony of the Night?

I am very interested. I played all the Castlevania games up to Symphony of the Night. Symphony, to this day, is probably one of my favorite console games. Every once in a while I will load it up for a speed run. I would love to see a story and anime made for Alucard.

Now, if I was a Younger Dad who seems to have no sexual orientation or "no balls", you could then call me mom. I'm not one of these new age men who hold their coffee cup with two hands. I"m an old fashion, oil changing, rough it sort of guy.

you probably have an issue with blacks, spics, slant eyes, gays, jews, and woman out of the kitchen also don't you?

i am 500000% on board with this. SHIT YEA

Back