Netflix, and my Xbox360 or Wii

RancidWAnnaRIot

EspantaPajaros
So..

Netflix has this whole thing where you can stream movies right off their site.. i hate watching movies on a PC... are there any easy ways to stream to my leaving oom TV via the xbox or wii?

the only solution i can think of, is using the wii's internet browser to watch movies from netflix..

anyone have any other ideas?

Why wouldn't you just use Xbox live marketplace to get movies? The quality will be much better than streaming..

Why wouldn't you just use Xbox live marketplace to get movies? The quality will be much better than streaming..

because i'm a member of netflix... i'd rather rent movies than buy them off the market place.. if i were to buy movies.. i'd rather buy a DVD as well.. i like to own hard copies..

it's just that part of my netflix membership allows me to stream movies aside from receiving DVDs by mail... so i might as well take advantage of it as well... i'd just rather watch those movies on my TV though..

because i'm a member of netflix... i'd rather rent movies than buy them off the market place.. if i were to buy movies.. i'd rather buy a DVD as well.. i like to own hard copies..

it's just that part of my netflix membership allows me to stream movies aside from receiving DVDs by mail... so i might as well take advantage of it as well... i'd just rather watch those movies on my TV though..
So you don't have your 360 hooked up to the tv? I've never seen anything streamed that was as good quality as downloaded material.

So you don't have your 360 hooked up to the tv? I've never seen anything streamed that was as good quality as downloaded material.

you don't understand...

With netflix you cannot Download movies.. you can only watch them from a browser.. Xbox360 doesn't have a web browser... so you can't watch it on the Xbox360

some of the movies for online viewing are ones that i jsut want to see for the sake of seeing it.. i don't care much for the quality.. if i cared about quality, then i would just have the DVD sent to me..

Rancid, theres really no way to do it. The movies load through the browser (which you know), and the programs you can use to stream unorthodox file formats, or things on your PC (using media center) to the 360 don't have the ability to grab and stream streaming content from IE.

There was a way for a while to grab those movies and save them (it was not simple) but it has reportedly been fixed. Even then you'd have to have the whole thing pre-cached to grab it, so you would have to let it load completely before you could save it to disk. It would really be a ton of trouble after all is said and done, provided you could.

No way to just run a video feed from your pc to the TV?

Side note: For those of you wondering what this is all about, Netflix has a selection of movies that you can stream from their site. It's great for laptop users and people who travel. You basically get 1 hour/per $1 spent on the service, quality is pretty darn decent too, but selection is limited to mostly the kinds of things you'd find in the dollar section at a video store.

I'm in the same boat Rancid. I have Netflix and would love to stream it to the TV without having to plug a PC into it. I use my 360 as a Media Extender but there isn't any way to relocate streamed content like that. You wouldn't be able to do it on the Wii's browser either since it needs a downloaded component.

1. he never said he wanted to buy movies
2. he never commented on quality

why don't you stop giving unsolicited advice to questions he's not asking.

to the OP: I also have an xbox and netflix, and wondered the same thing myself. I actually have a dvi-->hdmi cable that I use to "stream" stuff to my TV, but that's not what you're asking for here. Would be nice, but I highly doubt there's an easy way to do it through the xbox.

No way, people with anything other than a Windows PC are out of luck:

http://www.netflix.com/WatchNowMessage?msg=51

No linux support, no Mac support, so definately no Wii or 360 support............. maybe someone can figure out a way to run VirtualPC on the Wii and install XP, since it's a PPC processor the OSX version could be hacked, i'm sure............

Back