Netbook password

Mad Machinist

[H]ard|Gawd
Picked up a Smansung N130 netbook at Sam's Club for a ridiculious price...but the bios and Operating system are password protected.....it was a customer return.....any Ideas on how to at least get into the Bios...anyone know if there is a jumper on the motherboard to clear the bios password?
Thanks,
Rudy

Should be able to just unplug the CMOS battery for about 20 mins to reset it

but the bios and Operating system are password protected.....
The BIOS password is usually not reset by unplugging the main battery and CMOS battery. This describes how to reset the password on the NC10: http://www.sammynetbook.com/plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?19964 The reset pins are probably in a slightly different place for your netbook, hopefully accessible under the RAM.

The OS password can be reset, but mentioning the software that does it here is frowned upon. Google reset windows password cd and it's mentioned frequently in the results.

Danke......I'll peek under the memory.....the tech at samsung I talked to gave me some bullshit about having to reimage the drive to reset the password....I tried to explain it was the BIOS password....but they just don't seem to comprehend...:D

Not worried about windows.....:D....if'n I can get past the bios I golden.......:D

Thanks,
Rudy

yepper....cleared the bios password and the user password....and can get into the bios.......but no luck on the HDD password that is in the bios....why in the name of god would they include an HDD password.....still can't get at the recovery partition .........any suggestions other than replacing the hdd........haven't pulled this little bitch apart yet so not really sure what is in it......

I looked at samsungs download page....and the bios update is one of those that run in an windows environment.......so I'm scred there ...or so it seems at the moment. To access the HDD password reset...I have to set a new bios password.......but it asks for the old HDD password first to reset it to a new one.

I'm still open to suggestions ...thanks guys

Rudy

I've always found that IDE drives that spontaneously report themselves to be locked are ready to be trashed. There are some apps out there that claim to do an unlock, but I've never tried one that worked for me.

This is not spontaneously locked...It was intentionally locked by a disgruntaled employee at the place where it was purchased.........and it is sata......even if I have to replace it...it's still wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy cheaper than buying one without issues.......:D....Just hate to chuck a HDD that is virtually new for something like this.

Back