Netbook Help

Bob002

Gawd
Last year at this time I bought the wife a Samsung NC10 netbook. Been a pretty good year with it, save the bluescreens we kept getting (repaired under warranty). Anyways, now I'm looking to get one for myself and I'm unsure which to get. I want to say when I was originally looking, my choices came down to the MSI Wind or the NC10. As we know, a lot can change within a year when it comes to computing (and especially with mobile computing).

So, I ask what people are using now or would recommend. I think my main "wants" are basically windows 7.Not really too concerned past that, other than trying to stay around the $300 range.

I searched around here and also looked on newegg. Between Lenovo, MSI, Asus, and Samsung, I got 53 results overall. Didn't quite help me narrow it down as much as I had hoped.

I'm in the market for a netbook myself. I have narrowed my choices down to:

- ASUS Eee PC Seashell 1001P-MU17
- MSI Wind U135-204US

That probably doesn't help you in the least but check out this site: Testfreaks.com

I'm in the market for a netbook myself. I have narrowed my choices down to:

- ASUS Eee PC Seashell 1001P-MU17
- MSI Wind U135-204US

That probably doesn't help you in the least but check out this site: Testfreaks.com
I'll check it out, at the very least. From my research in the last few days, it seems that one company makes several of the brands. We've currently got a Samsung NC10, which I like very much, but I'm not entirely sure I want to spend as much as I did on it. Also, being that it's almost a year old, I'm fairly certain specs should be comparable for a (now) cheaper machine.

Might hit up Best Buy tomorrow and see what they have in stock to tool around on.

Lenvo S10, actually feels like a laptop, not a toy

The only gripe I had with the S10 was the small right shift key, other than that it is a great netbook.

I ended up going with the Asus 1005HA with the N280 processor and the 10.5 hours battery.

Back