Net Neutrality Is A Year Old Today

HardOCP News

[H] News
Has it been a year already since the Federal Communications Commission formally adopted the Open Internet Rules? Damn, time flies when your internet isn't being blocked, throttled or slow tracked. ;)

Happy birthday, net neutrality! A year ago today, after a long and contentious process, the FCC formally adopted the Open Internet Rule, reclassifying broadband internet as a Title II communications service and creating bright-line rules to protect consumers’ and businesses’ access to the internet. But the end of the rulemaking process was only the beginning of another long series of fights. So a year in, what’s worked, what do we still not know, and where do we sit overall?

After a whole year I'm surprised there are still any profitable ISPs left. I thought net neutrality was going to kill innovation and drop the USA behind the rest of the world for sure... /s

After a whole year I'm surprised there are still any profitable ISPs left. I thought net neutrality was going to kill innovation and drop the USA behind the rest of the world for sure... /s
Not much has changed and that's the point. How much more streaming (Netflix, youtube, hulu, amazon) is necessary to replace television? Probably 10 times what we have now. Right now it is one half or more of all traffic in the evening. Do you think the infrastructure as is could support the additional streaming. The infrastructure would need to change wildly.

By gumming up changes to the infrastructure, they secured TV's future.

Yes because the previous throttling of Netflix speed was defiantly what was hurting TV ...

Back