Net neutrality ammendment to bill fails..

Strange to see Google in the mix there....strange because...they've quietly been purchasing lots of "dark fiber"...and old data centers around major 'hubs. ;)

This is very disheartening. I do so hope that the neutral nature of the internet can be preserved somehow. I can't understand why our political leaders cannot see the harm they do when they sell us to corporations. The same monopoly corporations that reduce art to a mere product, and sell these products to us as they send our jobs to far away lands.

I'd like to think that contacting a representative would help, but somehow I don't think that really does anything. I don't believe they care, I don't believe they understand or even read bills that they sign, and I don't believe that they have any interest in doing what is right. Not enough of them anyways. When I was young and in school, I remember how wonderful our system of government was described, how inspired the system of checks and balances were in preventing bad laws; Now that I am older, I see that evil selfish sociopaths can find a way to penetrate governments and ruin any beautiful system. The very nature of a political party is to pull an unnatural ratio of support for strange legislation. Free thinkers have no voice because they cannot sell their conscience out to a political party, so ignorance and greed continue to fester.

We are, unfortunately, doomed. Bush Jr. has been the most corrupt sellout of a president ever, and the greedy tyranny he and his party sheep have created will plague the citizens of America for centuries to come. Sure, evil dictators needed to be ousted in the Middle East, but while they have everyone distracted over there, they strip America of its rights here. Thinking persons and working men used to have so many rights, but they are slowly chipped away by leaders who never used those rights and do not value them. No art can flourish, only products. Things will get much worse before they get better, for they are so sure of their own blind goals that they would sooner turn the laws of the nation against its people than concede that they should not act as they do.

There are reforms that could be performed. Campaign donations could be stopped. Term limits set. Penalties for writing laws that conflict with existing rights and laws. None of these will happen of course, because they write their own paychecks. Who governs the government? It was supposed to be the citizens, but now it is the corporations. I don't know how to fix this; it seems so futile. I like to imagine that we still have one of the best systems in the world, but lately it is becoming apparent that it will not stay this way. Not if the nation stays on its present course.

I don't know what kind of weird product plans AT&T has for the internet, but whatever it is, I can live without it. What else can I do but avoid their corrupt services? Millions of stupid people will of course buy into whatever they sell. It wouldn't matter if they were selling nuclear waste as lunchmeat, someone will buy it as long as they can put a pretty girl in a TV commercial.

Back