NES gun for VIVE

pendragon1

Extremely [H]
had this pop up on amazon. haven't seen it before and though id post for the VR peeps. they also have ping pong paddles and tennis rackets and they come with trackers.
blasterbundle-gallery-tiny-1.png

https://www.amazon.com/Hyper-Blaste...1046378&sr=8-20-spons&keywords=At+Games&psc=1

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Pretty neat, but I think I'll just stick to the Vive wand controllers as they seem to do a pretty good job already of approximating a pistol. Now if instead of plastic they used metal to give it some actual heft and made that grip feel like a real 1911, then I would be all over it! (Hmmm, perhaps someone could buy it, take it apart and use the innards in conjunction with some beefed up internal haptics and a custom printed and weighted pistol grip... now that would be pretty cool. :D

I haven't gotten around to printing rifle stalk mounts for either my Vive or Rift controllers just yet... but will be over the Thanksgiving holidays.

Wait...so based on that Amazon page, it seems like for $150 you only get the plastic gun, and no Vive Tracker. The tracker alone is $100...

I can't see spending $250 on this in any way, shape or form. If it had built-in tracking or came with the tracker for $150...maybe.

I would rather have something with metal and realistic recoil like Supercharged_Z06 mentioned.

It does seem to imply that it comes with the Vive tracker and the Duck Season game, as the product title is: "Hyper Blaster with VIVE Tracker (Amazon Exclusive)" They also show a picture of the Vive tracker by itself and mounted on the gun in the product pictures. If it didn't come with the Vive tracking puck at that price, well, it would then be a pretty damn pricey plastic accessory. There's already a dozen questions associated with the listed asking if it comes with the tracking puck... heh! Also wonder what sort of built-in recoil haptic they designed into the pistol. If it's just a vibration motor ala the wands, that would be sort of lame... but if the used some sort of weighted solenoid, that was adjustable via software as to recoil intensity, that might make things more interesting.

That is pretty cool but the pricing is just too high. A tracker for $100??? To me that is ridiculous in the first place, plastic gun/game might be worth the extra $50. My first impression for a tracker is $25 which would allow it to be used more readily. HTC is just going to price themselves out of the market.

Ya, a bit spendy. Hell, all of the Vive stuff is. A replacement wand controller is $140. And that's just a single controller. HTC really needs to do a better job at making their prices more competitive if they want to remain viable in the VR market. Right now, they are the most expensive system at $600 still.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Wait...so based on that Amazon page, it seems like for $150 you only get the plastic gun, and no Vive Tracker. The tracker alone is $100...

I can't see spending $250 on this in any way, shape or form. If it had built-in tracking or came with the tracker for $150...maybe.

I would rather have something with metal and realistic recoil like Supercharged_Z06 mentioned.

um no you get both for that price.
https://www.vive.com/us/VR-hyperkin-hyper-blaster-with-tracker/

The thing is, Microsoft via AR already tracks real objects in a room, if that is brought over to MR with software tracking using Inside Out, objects you define in your play space like keyboards, mice, chairs, tables etc., there would be zero need for trackers like these if they can get it to work. I am just wondering if Microsoft description of MR will incorporate this.

Let see, one tracker per foot and one on the hip for decent full body motion - $300 - add in a few for other objects - the price becomes huge and will be dependent upon software to use it.

The thing is, Microsoft via AR already tracks real objects in a room, if that is brought over to MR with software tracking using Inside Out, objects you define in your play space like keyboards, mice, chairs, tables etc., there would be zero need for trackers like these if they can get it to work. I am just wondering if Microsoft description of MR will incorporate this.

Let see, one tracker per foot and one on the hip for decent full body motion - $300 - add in a few for other objects - the price becomes huge and will be dependent upon software to use it.

Oculus has the same ability, but so far no peripherals or trackers made as any of these would require explicity software support for. Nothing compelling so far, imo. I have a kinect that, using driver4vr, and give full body tracking in steam but there are like 3 pieces of software that support it and none of them are compelling enough to bother with.

Back