NES Classic (2018) does not seem to have a preorder. Acquisition Suggestions?

DoubleTap

2[H]4U
Nintendo is supposed to have a lot more available this year, but it's obnoxious that I can't pre-order one.

Anyone have any tips on how to snake one of these without paying 4x the price or risking a Chinese fugazi ripoff on ebay?

Nintendo is supposed to have a lot more available this year, but it's obnoxious that I can't pre-order one.

Anyone have any tips on how to snake one of these without paying 4x the price or risking a Chinese fugazi ripoff on ebay?
Go to your local Walmart when it comes out.

If you have a Twitter account follow Walmart, Target, GameStop, etc., because they would sometimes announce when they would have the NES Classic (and SNES Classic) available to order online. I also think at some point you'll just be able to find them on store shelves. I couldn't find an SNES Classic for the first couple months, but then at one point I was just walking through the Target electronics department and they had 3 just sitting on the shelf. By this point the madness had subsided, so it became easier to just find one in the wild.

These will be readily available which is why you're not seeing s pre order most likely. They are supposedly very mass produced this time. And I believe the demand will be lower.

Honestly if you can find a nice walmart employee, ask them to scan the out of stock item. Sometimes they will tell you when the truck is coming in.

Thinkgeek will have some tomorrow if you feel lucky.

limited quantity of NES Classics available Friday, June 29th at 9 AM ET

I'm going to be stopping by Walmart tomorrow. Gamestop online has SNES Classic in stock right now.

snes class and nes classic at bestbuy. I don't think there will be nearly the demand as we saw during holiday season. I wanted one back then, now i'm kinda meh.

According to a guy in line at Target this morning, each store should have 10. However, it seemed like there were only 2 extra controllers per store.

Amazon uk had them on pre order. No USB 5v adapter with the European version, but I don't need one. It won't arrive for 3 weeks. I also bought one through thinkgeek this morning.

Casually walked into Best Buy today and they had 3 of each the NES and SNES. Grabbed one of each. The SNES was slightly marked up to $80, but the NES was still $60.

I figured the new run of NES Classics would still come with one controller, as opposed to the SNES's two included controllers, but I was hoping they would have listened to the complaints and increased the length of the controller cords this time around. Guess I'll be buying a couple extensions.

I figured the new run of NES Classics would still come with one controller, as opposed to the SNES's two included controllers, but I was hoping they would have listened to the complaints and increased the length of the controller cords this time around. Guess I'll be buying a couple extensions.
I thought they always came with two? TIL. I'm happy they included a second one in this run.

Welp, the NES Classic still only comes with one controller. Didn't want to mislead people. I opened it today and found out. Maybe that is why the SNES costs more, since it includes two controllers.

Welp, the NES Classic still only comes with one controller. Didn't want to mislead people. I opened it today and found out. Maybe that is why the SNES costs more, since it includes two controllers.

Yeah, the NES has only ever included one controller. Fortunately, I think the official Nintendo NES controllers are $9.99, which isn't a bad price, IMO.

I bought the NES classic from Walmart in late June. I'm very unimpressed. The unit does not run games smoothly. This is especially noticeable playing Super Mario Bros when you are running and jumping. There is some sort of stutter. It is is present in other games like Kirby's Adventure.

I have the SNES classic as well and that unit runs well and they only slowdowns I experienced were also in the original. For example, riding the cart in the end armadillo stage of MegaMan X where all of enemies are on screen and you are shooting like a madman.

I bought the NES classic from Walmart in late June. I'm very unimpressed. The unit does not run games smoothly. This is especially noticeable playing Super Mario Bros when you are running and jumping. There is some sort of stutter. It is is present in other games like Kirby's Adventure.

I have the SNES classic as well and that unit runs well and they only slowdowns I experienced were also in the original. For example, riding the cart in the end armadillo stage of MegaMan X where all of enemies are on screen and you are shooting like a madman.
The version of SMB on the NES Classic is the Wii or Wii U VC version, so it has the same framerate issues. The original NES cartridge on the original NTSC-U console ran at approximately 60.1 FPS. The Wii VC version runs at 59.82, and the Wii U version runs at 59.94. There is a reason no one speedruns any other version but the original.

I noticed some slowdown with Super Metroid on the SNES Classic that wasn't present in the original, but much of the lag is recreated here aside from that. I think it just may be a ticrate issue with the games running at 59.94 FPS instead of close to the original 60.

on the snes classic is there the classic emulation delay on Super mario world?

like when you hit jump it's not instant?

i haven't opened mine so i don't know.

on the snes classic is there the classic emulation delay on Super mario world?

like when you hit jump it's not instant?

i haven't opened mine so i don't know.
Haven't gotten around to playing SMW, yet, but Mega Man X had pretty bad input delay. Super Metroid didn't seem to have any delay as far as I could tell.

To be clear, what I'm experiencing is not input lag or delay. On the NES classic it is actual stutter that is present while playing. I would expect input lag to be constant, but it is as if the frame rate takes a huge dip every 5 to 10 seconds while running and jumping in the original Mario.

To be clear, what I'm experiencing is not input lag or delay. On the NES classic it is actual stutter that is present while playing. I would expect input lag to be constant, but it is as if the frame rate takes a huge dip every 5 to 10 seconds while running and jumping in the original Mario.
Running a couple tenths of a second slower than what the game was programmed for originally will do that. I apologize if I wasn't clear on that in my post above.

Back