Nerd Rage Relief

As others have said, just chill the fuck out.

I used to have nerd rage until I...grew the fuck up...now if a game pisses me off I just Alt+Tab and just do something else for a while.

Plus it IS A BETA...WTF DID YOU EXPECT?!

Because you can't cope with your unneeded and problematic rage over something that in REALITY is not an issue in anyway you have now cost yourself money on broken gear...congratulations!

Immature childish little boy man.

Am I making you mad? Good. Now "X" out of your browser and see how your attitude goes away? Works for games too...

As others have said, just chill the fuck out.

I used to have nerd rage until I...grew the fuck up...now if a game pisses me off I just Alt+Tab and just do something else for a while.

Plus it IS A BETA...WTF DID YOU EXPECT?!

Because you can't cope with your unneeded and problematic rage over something that in REALITY is not an issue in anyway you have now cost yourself money on broken gear...congratulations!

Immature childish little boy man.

Am I making you mad? Good. Now "X" out of your browser and see how your attitude goes away? Works for games too...

he created the thread in a light-hearted manner.

calm-down.jpg

I used to go down to the computer surplus store and buy stacks of keyboards. If I nerdraged, I'd pick up the keyboard and bash it over the back of the chair. Keys flying everywhere. Then I'd pick up another off the stack, plug it in, and keep going.

Don't judge me, monkey.

I used to go down to the computer surplus store and buy stacks of keyboards. If I nerdraged, I'd pick up the keyboard and bash it over the back of the chair. Keys flying everywhere. Then I'd pick up another off the stack, plug it in, and keep going.

Thats epic. Floppy disks are also amazing, they crush in just the right amount of time before the next respawn.

I have my first therapy session next week. She is worried that i might be suffering from a severe case of "emotion". Ive already been prescribed chill pills to be taken 20 minutes prior to any gaming session, or where emotion would possibly be experienced. If i get sudden episodes of emotion, im to take Xanax, then call my therapist immediately ($375/hr but worth it)! <-- sarcasm for those who couldn't tell

Don't judge me, monkey.
I did the same thing back when shentec was selling colored keyboards for like 8 bucks a pop. I'd buy 3 at a time. They broke so satisfyingly too...

he created the thread in a light-hearted manner.

Haha looks like that dude was the one that actually needs the nerd rage relief, eh Porter?

When I was younger I used to nerd rage quite a bit over video games. What helped me was to swing a large branch or something similar against one of the trees in the back yard. This way I still got to hit something without fear of breaking any of my electronics.

If you're over the age of 17 though I'd suggest you just get a punching bag and wail on it for awhile when you're pissed. Get a workout and relieve frustration all at once!

Nowadays when I get pissed I just take a break or load up another game where I can grief people in multi-player; spawn flashing (Counter-Strike), team killing (any fps), lowbie camping (most mmo's). Yes, it's childish, but it always works. :)

I find myself subconsciously face palming after each rage inducing death in a FPS game. Worst I've ever really gotten is just shouting all sorts of colorful words directed at those responsible for the rage (not my team mates).

It turns out to be exceptionally funny for anyone listening while I swear at people that have no idea that I'm so pissed off, because they're on the other team probably thousands of miles away...stroking their filthy neckbeards and chuckling lightly at my misfortune. :mad:

What works for me is to remember it's just a video game.

Kids are starving everywhere around the world and I'm going to rage about my FakeWorld PointsScore&#8482;? SRSLY? :rolleyes:

Edit: The above strat also helps you win against greifers/hackers/cheaters. They get bored if you don't get mad.

Everytime you feel the need to break something, squeeze your balls. That'll stop ya for sure.

[F8];1037877322 said:
Everytime you feel the need to break something, squeeze your balls. That'll stop ya for sure.

Lmfao, that should definitely do it. But for some reason that had never come to me as a solution for any problem.

Back