Neo Tokyo (half-life 2 MOD )

SoFGR

[H]ard|Gawd
hey guys check this out, http://www.neotokyohq.com/media.html it just got released, really nice job for a fan made mod, classes cloaking vision modes etc, and very nice firefights, combat feels like F.E.A.R ( no crosshair when you're not zoomed though, really nice touch :D ) only a little bit slower and more tactical,

Gameplay is a mix of capture the flag and team survival that is based on rounds and not on team score, using ghost is really fun, it takes away your primary weapon but it feels like using a legal wallhack :D something like the recon class in Global Operations ( who still remembers that game ? :cool: )

There are 3-4 populated servers in europe atm, don't know about america, of course you don't essentially need HL2 to play this mod, every game that includes source SDK will do http://store.steampowered.com/search/?category2=16 what i really love about this game is it's visual asthetics, it looks like battlefield 2142 and ghost in the shell got together and had this baby,this baby is named Neo Tokyo :D (sorry Tantrix my english is kinda bad so i had to use your line : P )

Good game (or mod). Deserves some attention. This has a lot of potential to become as big as Insurgency if they iron out the bugs.

This game is just amazing.

neotokyo_recon_nsf.jpg

hint0.jpg

hint1.jpg

trailer
http://www.monkeyjunkie.co.uk/NT/

music
http://www.neotokyohq.com/music.html

neotokyo_music_page.jpg

Looks cool. I remember reading about it along time ago. Glad they finally got it released.

Can you disable the friendly icon crosshair thing from the above screenshots? That really annoys me and it blocks alot of on-screen image when there are 10 team-mate icons moving about right in your line of sight.

the maps look so amazing. very detailed.

and lots of pictures of japanese girls om nom nom

ill give it a try. Now downloading.

It doesn't say what files are needed on the website.

Source SDK?
Source SDK base?
Source SDK base - Orange Box?

I played this for a while last night. It's very polished and I can appreciate the work they must have put into this. It looks very nice and the game-play is well thought out. That being said, it doesn't present me with any replay value.

Also, I don't like how dead players get a free-flying no-clip camera view. Using TS/Vent, you can "ghost" everything happening on the map in just a few seconds. (Ghosting is when a dead player informs still alive teammates of something, essentially a second set of eyes.)

I hope they continue to work on it. It reminds me of the good old days when good mods were free, and not sold/branded as a AAA title.

Im sold by the fact that it was inspired by Akira and Ghost in The Shell.. dling now

Also, I don't like how dead players get a free-flying no-clip camera view. Using TS/Vent, you can "ghost" everything happening on the map in just a few seconds.

In mostly all public gaming servers you can do this. I don't see how this would be any different from let's say CS or TF2...

Been playing for a couple days and am really enjoying it. Fans of CSS and Ghost in the Shell will love this mod.

Also, the soundtrack can be found on cdbaby in both mp3 and CD.

What is it with you guys today? Too much testosterone? Stop shooting that shit in your veins, it makes your balls shrivel like a prune.

As a Ghost in the Shell, Neuromancer, Snow Crash, Appleseed, and Akira fan, I much appreciate this game. I've played it for a couple days and I am satisfied. There are a couple bugs though. Sometimes you get stuck which you can just get unstuck by just crouching and jumping. The gun menu could be a little bit more detailed as I don't really know what I am selecting when I pick a gun.

This looks pretty cool, really interesting theme and the small class differences make some fun changes typical CS-style combat without turning into a total rock-paper-scissors game where you're boned if you aren't using the "correct" class for each situation.

I love a good Half Life game mod.

Will have to try this one.
Pretty sure I won't like no crosshair though...

Also valve needs to get more mods integrated into steam. Its so much easier when I can download/install from inside steam.

Back