Neo Geo X Gold Limited Edition Hand Held Game Console $99.99 Free Shipping

It comes with a lot of games too.

Granted they are older, but those are all classics.

Not too bad of a deal for $99.

I use to have Turbo Graphx 16. I really like it. I hope they will make something like this for Turbo Graphx 16 in the future.

Stay away. I watched a youtube opening and review on it. It's really really bad. Cheap Fake plastic emulator. You'd be way better off with a modded PSP. This isn't tied to the actual Neo-Geo developers in any way shape or form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iHoOK5HCHA

Some of it is hilariously bad. The TV stand adapter is actually Fake-Fake. Thats fake twice. You'll understand around the 12 minute mark.

Last edited:
Hooooly bjeebusbiscuit this is on my must get list. Flashbacking to my neo geo days and hours at the arcade playing samurai showdown and metal slug

I use to have Turbo Graphx 16. I really like it. I hope they will make something like this for Turbo Graphx 16 in the future.

NEC did make a Turbo Express which was a handheld TG-16.

As for the TG-16. I still have one with the CD add-on as well as almost 100 original copies of games - cards and CDs.

Stay away. I watched a youtube opening and review on it. It's really really bad. Cheap Fake plastic emulator. You'd be way better off with a modded PSP. This isn't tied to the actual Neo-Geo developers in any way shape or form.

From what I've heard/read - this.
There are apparently a LOT of problems with this device and the emulator itself.

Some of it is hilariously bad. The TV stand adapter is actually Fake-Fake. Thats fake twice. You'll understand around the 12 minute mark.

Better off buying a Wii, and buying the Neo-Geo games through that.

This is a very hot deal, in for one before it sells out.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/25/neo-geo-x-hits-100-at-best-buy/

Some of the comments:
It's a turd, guys. No save capability, the HDMI capability is choppy and and slow, and you can't emulate other games. You're very limited to what this thing does. If you really, really, really love old Neo Geo games, then sure, this is a pretty sweet device for a long car ride.
it's a piece of shit, i owned two defective versions before i was lucky enough to trade it in for a vita.
I imagine the save issue still exists? If I had the ability to save this would be a no-brainer.

In case it hasn't already been made apparent....

DO NOT BUY THIS.

I can't even begin to impress upon you how cheap and dinky this thing is. All it is is a little MIPS chipset running DGLinux and a FinalBurn Alpha (A Neo-Geo emulator)... POORLY. There used to be some hacking fun to be had back when the units just had a microSD card on the PCB, but in newer units it's just a soldered on SMD EEPROM.

The games are not emulated even close to properly, there is lots of lag and slowdown, there is tons of horizontal screen tearing, and the thing does some sort of weird scaling that makes the graphics look absolutely terrible.

It's not worth it for $99. It wouldn't be worth it for $50.

At $20? Maybe...

That guy blew that thing apart.

In case it hasn't already been made apparent....

DO NOT BUY THIS.

I can't even begin to impress upon you how cheap and dinky this thing is. All it is is a little MIPS chipset running DGLinux and a FinalBurn Alpha (A Neo-Geo emulator)... POORLY. There used to be some hacking fun to be had back when the units just had a microSD card on the PCB, but in newer units it's just a soldered on SMD EEPROM.

The games are not emulated even close to properly, there is lots of lag and slowdown, there is tons of horizontal screen tearing, and the thing does some sort of weird scaling that makes the graphics look absolutely terrible.

It's not worth it for $99. It wouldn't be worth it for $50.

At $20? Maybe...

Damn, thanks for the info. Will pass on this. :(

That guy blew that thing apart.

so i watched 5 or 6 of his reviews... looks like the guy only buys crap. every one of his reviews that i watched were for a product he thought was cheap and he didnt like.... soooo who knows.... i believe him though.... but damn..... does he have any positive reviews?

I own one and it might not be the greatest quality in the world it plays fine and the handheld itself is great. People just love to bash things, yes I have all these games via emulator and also on my neo geo cd.

I own one and it might not be the greatest quality in the world it plays fine and the handheld itself is great. People just love to bash things, yes I have all these games via emulator and also on my neo geo cd.

If you have them on the real deal then you should immediately notice the fucked up audio, and the video scaling issues.

Most people don't 'bash things' on a whim. In any case this 'bashing' is richly deserved.

so i watched 5 or 6 of his reviews... looks like the guy only buys crap. every one of his reviews that i watched were for a product he thought was cheap and he didnt like.... soooo who knows.... i believe him though.... but damn..... does he have any positive reviews?

Ashens is pretty great. His gimmick is that he reviews knock off products from dollar stores and makes sarcastic comments. However, he does seem to be quite passionate for classic gaming, especially when it comes to the accuracy of the emulation to the arcade or classic console counterpart. He does give the Open Pandora a pretty positive review http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2CA0UE6yRQ , though the Open Pandora is a $500+ system. Now a days, there just really isn't much reason to get any hand held emulator like this considering how cheap and versatile android devices have come and not to mention the huge support for blue tooth controller connectivity.

Ashens is pretty great. His gimmick is that he reviews knock off products from dollar stores and makes sarcastic comments. However, he does seem to be quite passionate for classic gaming, especially when it comes to the accuracy of the emulation to the arcade or classic console counterpart. He does give the Open Pandora a pretty positive review http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2CA0UE6yRQ , though the Open Pandora is a $500+ system. Now a days, there just really isn't much reason to get any hand held emulator like this considering how cheap and versatile android devices have come and not to mention the huge support for blue tooth controller connectivity.

lol yea he was pretty funny... and did seem very passionate and knowledgable....

That is for playing illegal ROMs though, I would be all over a legal Neo Geo X system for $99 if it played the games correctly :(

Thats my complaint I almost pre-ordered it it when I thought it was an actual neo-geo but its not it's just cheap chinese crap. There's just a million other better ways to get a better result, the psp being my personal choice as well.

Back