Nehrim - At Fates Edge, total conversion for Oblivion Released

Skirrow

[H]ard|Gawd
WOOOO YEAH! Finally after apparently years of development, people who have heard of this mod can finally play it.

Link http://www.nehrim.de/startEV.html

Personally i'd never heard of it till i saw a post on Reddit a few minutes ago. But it looks pretty cool so i'm gonna give it a download. :D

Site is getting hit hard right now, judging by how slow things are loading. I'll jump on the English torrent and help seed.

Oh look! There I am getting ready to reinstall Oblivion. Again.

Looks interesting, I always found the Obilvion world dull and hated the levelling system, will be interesting to see how this reviews from the community.

I'm speechless at what a great job these guys did. I want to donate some money or something.

This is yet another example of why PC gaming is so awesome.

I wonder if we'll ever see a Fallout 3 Total Conversion Mod? ;)

Grrrrrr. a few months ago oblivion worked fine. Today CTD everytime. dammit. :mad::(

This is yet another example of why PC gaming is so annoying :p j/k

How are the graphics looking? Is it the same engine? Is it upgraded? Perhaps some screenshots of maxxed settings would be nice please

How are the graphics looking? Is it the same engine? Is it upgraded? Perhaps some screenshots of maxxed settings would be nice please

I wouldn't expect much in the Graphics department from a 1.6GB download. My current Oblivion install is almost 20GB.

I'm hoping that I can install this without having to backup and reinstall Oblivion. I would rather not trash my current, buggy load order.

I wouldn't expect much in the Graphics department from a 1.6GB download. My current Oblivion install is almost 20GB.

I'm hoping that I can install this without having to backup and reinstall Oblivion. I would rather not trash my current, buggy load order.

Looks like it makes a copy of the oblivion folder to use, installing as i type

Their forum is down.

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Can't connect to MySQL server on '83.169.20.60' (105) [2003]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

Well sadly i'm having some texture issues. Either that or i've encountered a massive racist in the first 10 seconds of the game :p

Judging from the specular maps, i'm standing on a wooden walkway with planks on the walls. There seem to be issues with the HUD too with missing status bars. Skin textures are also partially missing. This is with a FRESH install of Oblivion with only the latest official patch applied which is required for the mod too.

Shame because i'd actually hyped myself up to play this. Hope i find a fix soon

Make sure you take the time to read the "Read Me" PDF. It addresses just about everything I've seen asked in this thread thus far.

Supposed to work nicely with Steam and there is Steam specific directions in the Readme.txt but..... I just finished the install and am following these directions:

Starting Nehrim (if you have Oblivion by Steam)

· Unfortunately, you cannot use the Launcher provided by SureAI with Steam to start Nehrim.
Therefore, click as usual on the Oblivion start icon. Nevertheless, DO NOT click “Play”
yet! Just as you do with other mods you must first activate the Nehrim files.
· Therefore click on “Data Files” and uncheck ALL game files that you have activated. To
play Nehrim now enable “Nehrim.esm” and “NehrimData.esp”. NOTHING ELSE! All
files that have anything to do with Oblivion must be disabled or the game will crash.
· Now you can click the “Play” button. You can check to see if there is an update for Nehrim
by using the Nehrim Launcher (you need only to communicate with the update server by
clicking on the arrow next to the “Update” button and then activate the check box). Then
using the link provided, you can download the update or let the launcher download it
automatically.

Promlem is, Nehrim.esm and NehrimData.esp are NOT in the Data Files in the Oblivion launcher.

BLEH! I wanted to try this... Of course their forum is down.

EDIT

Nevermind, i'm a retard. ;)

Last edited:
Supposed to work nicely with Steam and there is Steam specific directions in the Readme.txt but..... I just finished the install and am following these directions:

Promlem is, Nehrim.esm and NehrimData.esp are NOT in the Data Files in the Oblivion launcher.

BLEH! I wanted to try this... Of course their forum is down.

Did you check your data folder? I would imagine thats where everything should have been installed. Have you tried Oblivion Mod Manager?

I'm going to reinstall Oblivion just to play this. Looks really, really cool.

So far no issues at all. I just cleared the mine and went out into the open world. Wow, it's gorgeous. One thing they did that I really appreciate was the fact they went for more darker and natural colors and presentation across the boards vs the bright and almost cartoonish at times Oblivion color and presentation scheme. I'm impressed!

You have new sets of subskills and a bunch of other neat little wrinkles. I'm dreaming of a Fallout 3 Total Conversion at this rate. ;)

Played for about a half hour before it crashed on me. It's still Oblivion I'm not surprised. I'll play this some more tomorrow. It ran pretty well up until that point, seems like fun too.

Oblivion Stutter remover works, btw. That mod is a must for me.

Well i managed to fix my black textrue problem. When i re-installed oblivion i forgot to delete the original install folder with all the mods in. :D Renamed that and installed a fresh copy again. Sadly the game crashes like mad every couple of minutes when you get to the first wooden hut structure. Once i made it past there after about 20 quicksaves it runs fine. Not a single crash since i left the mines. Now if i could only find that soap :D

Well i managed to fix my black textrue problem. When i re-installed oblivion i forgot to delete the original install folder with all the mods in. :D Renamed that and installed a fresh copy again. Sadly the game crashes like mad every couple of minutes when you get to the first wooden hut structure. Once i made it past there after about 20 quicksaves it runs fine. Not a single crash since i left the mines. Now if i could only find that soap :D

Go to the gate and shoot an arrow at a mage outside or throw something at them.

Played through the mines, then when I went to exit to the open world the screen was just black. I could hear the ambients and all. After reading FAQ, saw nvidia users sometimes need to disable HDR... will try that later and report back!

lol, looks like I am going to reinstall my CD version of oblivion instead of my steam version.... :)

I had lots of apparently missing textures and whatnot when I installed this - missing face and body parts, lots of purple images where textures where supposed to be, etc. I ended up copying my entire texture and meshes folder over from my heaviliy modded Oblivion folder over the the Nehrim one. I got through the mine and outside into the wilderness and haven't noticed any problems so far after doing this.

I had lots of apparently missing textures and whatnot when I installed this - missing face and body parts, lots of purple images where textures where supposed to be, etc. I ended up copying my entire texture and meshes folder over from my heaviliy modded Oblivion folder over the the Nehrim one. I got through the mine and outside into the wilderness and haven't noticed any problems so far after doing this.

That's good.

I really hope everyone reads the Read Me PDF before installing. It's important. Most of the things I've seen talk about in this thread suggest to me that some folks didn't read that thing carefully before jumping on this. ;)

Looks cool. Got it downloading now.

For anyone who has played it, what's the experience/leveling mechanic like? And do enemies level with you? Basically, how similar is it to vanilla Oblivion mechanic?

Looks cool. Got it downloading now.

For anyone who has played it, what's the experience/leveling mechanic like? And do enemies level with you? Basically, how similar is it to vanilla Oblivion mechanic?

I'm not far enough into it to see if the enemies level. I should re-read some of the mod literature because I'm sure they spell all of that out.

The experience/leveling mechanic is excellent.

That's good.

I really hope everyone reads the Read Me PDF before installing. It's important. Most of the things I've seen talk about in this thread suggest to me that some folks didn't read that thing carefully before jumping on this. ;)

I never saw a PDF. Is it any different than the text document that gets installed with the mod?

Back