Needs good BD Drive...

I bought the retail version of this, and up until yesterday I had not had a problem. I got in two disc (Blu-ray) from Netflix and neither of them would play, nor would the system recognize the discs. I have sent them back to Netflix under "error" which they sent out two new discs to see if it were the disc or my drive, hoping it is the disc.

Two movies that did not work:
~Shoot 'Em Up
~Hellboy

I bought the retail version of this, and up until yesterday I had not had a problem. I got in two disc (Blu-ray) from Netflix and neither of them would play, nor would the system recognize the discs. I have sent them back to Netflix under "error" which they sent out two new discs to see if it were the disc or my drive, hoping it is the disc.

Two movies that did not work:
~Shoot 'Em Up
~Hellboy

Hmmm. :( I want to buy it today since my dad said he will buy it as a birthday gift and my friend already ordered me a copy of Ironman. :p

Well, I get the movies tomorrow again, just got an email, so I will see if I still have a problem. One thing I did notice was that sometimes I would put in a disc and nothing would happen, but after I took it out and wiped it clean (got the dust and stuff off) it worked perfectly.

Well, I get the movies tomorrow again, just got an email, so I will see if I still have a problem. One thing I did notice was that sometimes I would put in a disc and nothing would happen, but after I took it out and wiped it clean (got the dust and stuff off) it worked perfectly.

Im going to use this drive to replace my iffy sony DVD ROM drive and it really looks like a good option especially since they just dropped the price again to 94.99 :) Glad i didnt order just yet. But honestly, looking at the newegg reviews that drive is ranked 3rd in ratings out of all readers which just makes me think that lots of drives have issues most of which are fixed by the Firmware and software updates that people forget to do.

Back