Needed: Crypto Sherpa and temporary middleman

ickywu

[H]ard|Gawd
I want to buy some stuff using crypto (specifically, bcd ** I think **(. But it's slow going for a complete rookie like me.

First, I found out I had to make a "Wallet" Geez, what a pita!

I started out with coinbase. Seemed ok at first. I got double verified with cellphone. check. I got verified with photo ID's check. Got my bank account verified. check Got a debit card verified. check. But now, every time I go to do the last step, I get the photo verify thing again first. I go through it, get verified, Same thing . Maybe 5 -6 times now. I tried calling the. Except the recorded message says, essentially, "our guys can't really help with anything on the phobe" I tried email. All I get back is links to boiler plate
They're wearing me down, I'm ready to give up on CoinBase.

I tried one called Gemini. Seemed pretty simple and I'm actually done with the wallet there. (I think) But the guy I want to buy from says Gemini is no good and he can't deal with them. WTF? They ARE a little bush league- no debit card verification, can only use bank account transfers. They don't have all crypto types, but they have BCD (which is what I think he wants)

Next, I DL the local wallet from Bitcoin.com. That looks pretty straightforward.

Here's what I'm looking for. First, like I said, a Crypto Sherpa. Somebody who can help walk me through setting up a couple wallets and using them. I'm not looking to invest, just buy some items. Just occasional use. I hoping to get the CS help I need - and these sites don't seem to have - from my Sherpa. Get me through the BitCoin wallet and I'm in high cotton.

Second, I realize its gonna take a couple-few weeks to get set up. In the meantime, I'd like to use someone who can do it to buy some stuff for me (after I pay HIM/Her in USD with Zelle, Google Pay or (if absolutely necessary PP) and HE pays the seller FOR me in the seller's desired crypto currency. Does this while I get set up.

Msg me if you can and a willing to help/

Thanks!

Sounds like Square's cash app is what you are after. Quick purchases of Bitcoin up to $2500, fast transfers from the app for buying/sending elsewhere.

Have you tried a different browser when setting up Coinbase? I had a few hickups here and there and it might have been my browser / plugins (Chrome). I pulled up IE (which I never use ever except in cases like this) and the site usually works. Just an idea.

The Coinbase worked for me on my first try. It took time like you said but it did work.

When I set up my Coinbase, it kept failing the photo portion as well. After some GoogleFu, I saw multiple suggestions to use the Cell phone app because the website did not like photo uploads. When I went through the phone app it worked like a charm.

Chuckle. I have been verified ok with photo ID upload on CoinBase. Repeatedly. sigh. Every time I get the "you're verified" E Mail, it asks me to verify again on the next access. I think I've been verified now 5 times.

On the brighter side, I may be nearing the end of the ag-my seller misunderstood what "gemini" was and says it should be fine. And Square and Qiwi look pretty interesting. I have also gotten some very helpful rookie tips and answers to rookie questions from some guys.

I still might be interested in one "go between" transaction - I pay you USD and you pay a seller in his choice of crypto. Msg me pls if you'd be willing to do that.
Thanks

Blockchain.org wallet + Bitpay mobile app

Blockchain now lets you buy btc.

Bitpay converts your btc to Ebay vouchers / Amazon gift cards among other things. Gyft is another btc to gift card avenue.

Back