Need way to share WiFi with my neighbor

SNYP40A1

Limp Gawd
My neighbor and I have decided to share wireless access. He trusts me more than I trust him so he has agreed to share his wireless router password with me in exchange for a monthly payment. I have a Linksys WRT54G router which I have been using with my current broadband service and since I have a few computers connected to it, I would like to somehow have the router get the Internet from my neighbor's wireless connection instead of the ethernet router connected to my broadband modem. The only way of doing this that comes to mind is to get a Wireless to Ethernet Adapter and then connect that to the router. I am thinking of those wireless to ethernet adapters that are made for gaming consoles. Anyone have any recommendations on how to set this up? I would like to use my router to reduce the number of connections on his router and improve performance. Also, my desktop computers do not have wifi cards, but only motherboard ethernet. Finally, I like having a firewall for privacy and plan to use my VPN account for private stuff.

If you run it in wireless bridge mode you won't be able to connect to it with your laptop. Try setting both routers up in WDS mode.

Back