Need unlocked phone ASAP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

4745454b

Gawd
My Oneplus one has been running out of power earlier and earlier, and today it started throwing an error and wouldn't load the icons. I tried updating it to Bacon (newest oxygen OS.) and it got bricked. What I'm looking for is the best phone I can get mailed to me super fast. (I have a $200 option that can get to me by Tues.) HAS to be unlocked. HAS to run Android. HAS to be similar to my one meaning powerful/good quad core with enough ram to not have issues multi tasking, 1080 screen, etc. If it has a 720 screen, or only 16GB storage with no card slot then I'm not interested. Prefer it to be similar or better than my One. (Same SoC as the S5.) An S5 I can limp along with? A cheap G4 or HTC one? Payment will be with CC PP (I cover fees) and will be mailed to 95969. Help me out guys, please.

Last edited:
I have a Sony Xperia XZ in black with a RhinoShield case that I only used for about 4 months for $300 shipped via Priority Mail.

It's not an easy fix if you don't know what you are doing and doubly so if you can't find the appropriate files. Your phone shouldn't take more than 5 minutes of actual work to unbrick. if you know what you are doing and have the files on-hand or can find a tutorial that isn't garbage that is. Look up Quallcom QDLoader related fixes. Whether it lights up or not only makes your life a tad bit more stressful. If you can't figure it out some Russian guy on eBay will do it in a day for $30-40.

Bump.

craigslist (this is a link directly to your area with a search already done, Android only, price max of $200), now get your search on and find an unlocked Android-powered smartphone today, could get one in the next hour if you need one that bad. Check the IMEI against http://www.swappa.com/esn and http://checkesnfree.com and you're good to go if it's 100% functional. There's a really nice Moto X 2nd gen right there at the top at the moment for $180, damned fine device and you could probably offer $150-160 and have it in your hands this afternoon - since it's the factory unlocked model from Google/Motorola it can't be on a carrier blacklist so, the IMEI is good to go by default.

Also, it's really tough to brick a OnePlus One, really, as noted above to some degrees. It's savable 99.999% of the time but if you're not interested in going the fix-it-yourself route I'll pay shipping for it. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like my cheapo Blu phone...
edit: if you want something cheap and new. didn't realize this was under the fs/ft thread oops.

Last edited:
Moro G4 play with two cases and two fast chargers. 7 months old and just kept as a back up phone. Smoke free adult owned. $85

If anyone is interested, this was the guide I was using.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oxygenos-2-1-4-for-the-oneplus-one.425544/

I got down to step 13 (So nearly finished) when it said the phone should reboot, and if it doesn't go into the bootloader then do it yourself. At this point nothing happens. I can press and hold the power button for 10sec and feel the phone "buzz", but nothing ever happens on the screen. If I didn't know better I'd swear the screen is broken like it was dropped. I'll look for QDloader and see if it can help. I'm also going to try opening the phone and removing the battery to see if that helps. I've seen that moto X, problem there is my GF and her daughter are both using those phones, and I've bought them off Swappa for ~$120. So $180 or even $150 seems like a rip off to me. If I'm going to spend ~$200 I'll go with that V10 I've found. This means for the first two repliers I'm not looking at your phones. I'm looking to spend less than $200. So unless you're willing to take $150 for your P9 it's not going to happen.

iRUSH, I'll mull it over. I assume you mean the Moto G4 play? How much for 2day shipping to get it to me?

Edit: Just saw that the G4 play has a 720 screen so I'm out. I should mention I'm looking for 1080 or larger. I use my phone to watch things while traveling to work so 1080 is a must.

Bump. I'm about to grab an LG G4 for ~$100. I'll use it till I find something better than toss it to the GF. Her moto X has a broken front cam due to a drop and other issues so she can use it once I find something more my style. Still willing to consider offers.

Edit: Dragon1, what blu phone should I consider?

I got a OnePlus 3T for sale if you're interested. Gunmetal, I believe 64gig

I have a Nexus 5X 32GB + case, that's just been sitting pretty on my desk since I got my Pixel. Lmk :p

I assumed you guys didn't want to sell a 3T for $150, or a Nexus 5X either. I ended up getting that G4 for $120. I'll have to get through Sun-Tues now with no phone. Poop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back