Need to replace the IPOD headphone. They are killing me.

Celsius

Gawd
Man, they are just so uncomforable. To the point where the inside of my ear is worn a little raw. OUCH.

I'm willing to invest. Must be light and very comfort factor is paramount.

Anyone help me with this?

Shure e2c's. There are several different earpieces for them you can get off the Shure website.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...43-6893535?v=glance&s=sporting-goods&n=507846

Oh, and I make that recommendation after having been the world's biggest fan of the Sony MDR EX-71's. They finally died on me after about five years, and I picked up these Shure's. The difference is definitely noticeable, especially with music encoded at higher rates, and the Shure's are just as comfortable, if not moreso.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
If comfort is paramount, then in-ear headphones may not be ideal. The most comfortable headphones typically are circumaural (ear-muff style), but they sacrifice portability. Supra-aurals (ear-pad style) can also be comfortable and are usually more portable than circumaural. Just about every headphones on the market has a different fit, so if possible try out different headphones to see which one fits you well.

If you still want in-ear headphones, then perhaps buying a pair of custom molded canalphones will be your solution. It's not cheap though.

Reagan said:
Shure e2c's. There are several different earpieces for them you can get off the Shure website.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...43-6893535?v=glance&s=sporting-goods&n=507846

Oh, and I make that recommendation after having been the world's biggest fan of the Sony MDR EX-71's. They finally died on me after about five years, and I picked up these Shure's. The difference is definitely noticeable, especially with music encoded at higher rates, and the Shure's are just as comfortable, if not moreso.

I also like mine. They are comfortable for me, espescially with the ultra-flex tips. They don't sound amazing or anything but for the price and isolation they are great.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
200.00 and I found the Etymotics and they look very interesting. Does anyone have these?

Celsius said:
200.00 and I found the Etymotics and they look very interesting. Does anyone have these?
Which ones?
I tried the ER4P and it was pain inducing to say the least.

Are you going to be using these when walking? Many of the in ear 'phones make a thumping noise (if they are in correct). Also the isolation can be dangerous in areas with much traffic.

If isolation is not a concern, or price, then a portable amp and a pair of good circumaural phones would be a very comfortable, decent listening experience.

GodsMadClown said:
If isolation is not a concern, or price, then a portable amp and a pair of good circumaural phones would be a very comfortable, decent listening experience.
I second this unless you really want in-ear headphones. It's hard to determine if in-ear headphones will be comfortable for you since an individual's ears are shaped differently and you generally won't find a place where you can try before you buy.

Some popular closed circumaurals include the Sennheiser HD280 Pro and the Audio Technica A900s (which are hard to find outside of Audiocubes). Neither of them need an amp to sound good. There are many others, but those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Actually, I listen to a lot of books on cd. I rip them and send them to my IPOD and I listen to piano. Why do I listen to books on cd? I have level 10 dyselxia (Wow thats personal) and while its very difficult to real large books (Angels and Demons, Digital Fortress) its easy to for me to listen to them.

The upside of dyslexia :eek: I can read and write code, I've been very involved in core releases of the linux kernals. Although you really can't make money at doing that it makes me feel good giving back to the community. Plus, until windows makes me happy its the best we have.

Right now, I'm listening to Micheal Penn (No Myth) and before that was the mission impossible theme by U2 and before that was george winston on piano.

Strength though diversity in all things.

I'm ending this listening to hall and oats (private eyes)

Have a nice day guys. Time for the most dangerious part of my day, driving on the 101 to mesa in phoenix. Avg speed 80 :confused:

Hey man, you sound like a smart guy. Don't sweat the reading, per se, because you have an inquisitive mind. That's the true indicator of an intellect.

Anyhow, what is your expected listening situation? Will you be sitting at a desk, moving, or whatever? What is the level of background noise that you will be contending with while listening? Loud talking from the neighboring cubes, cork-lined isolation cell, or what?

I like them, but the case doesnt work too well (or I never figured out how to use it correctly), and the pads keep falling off of the buds :( If youre worrie about comfort, then yes, they are really nice.

I've settled on the Shure E3c. I could have spent more but I really can't see the point in doing this because I'm not listening to very complex music. Now, if I was listening to live music cds. (like Coldplay or Pink Floyd)

Walking with my dog, after 8 pm, (pavement is way too hot to walk during the day for him.)

Thanks for your input in this subject.

The next time I game will be when gordon freeman and Alyx come out of the slow warp from the G-Man.

Until then, think mandrake.

TY. Celsius

Celsius said:
Time for the most dangerious part of my day, driving on the 101 to mesa in phoenix. Avg speed 80 :confused:

Bah... Try Ga.400 in the middle of the night...

I dont know much about headphones...but i got these and i dont regret a single cent. GREAT headphones.

EDIT: If you are looking for earbuds, these are definatly not going to work.

Celsius said:
I've settled on the Shure E3c. I could have spent more but I really can't see the point in doing this because I'm not listening to very complex music. Now, if I was listening to live music cds. (like Coldplay or Pink Floyd)

Walking with my dog, after 8 pm, (pavement is way too hot to walk during the day for him.)

Thanks for your input in this subject.

The next time I game will be when gordon freeman and Alyx come out of the slow warp from the G-Man.

Until then, think mandrake.

TY. Celsius

I would highly recommend the brand new Shure E4C instead.

deathBOB said:

Friend of mine got rear-ended on 400 in the middle of the night, he was going 65 and the guy that hit him was going fast enough to destroy the entire rear of my friends car. Luckily didn't spin out or anything.

I'm currently looking at the er6i's for my ipod...they seem to have good reviews, and sound good unamped.

deathBOB said:

Yeah you drive home from the bar at 3am and it's Nascar. You then wake up 4 hours later to goto work and the same exact road is stop and go for miles. Even at an average of 20mph people manage to rear end each other every morning.

Back