Need to replace HDD - Advise on what to buy needed

I have a 2 TB mechanical HDD in a 4 disk software RAID array which keeps showing "Disk is OK, one attribute failed in the past (41° C / 106° F)" and then getting ejected from the array. This has been going on a while now and everytime I add it back in to the array only to check a few weeks later and its gone again.

Here are the disks in order a > d:

ATA device, with non-removable media
Model Number: ST2000DL003-9VT166
Serial Number: 5YCXXXT4
Firmware Revision: CC45
Transport: Serial, SATA Rev 3.0

Model Number: ST2000DL003-9VT166
Serial Number: 6YXXXXPV
Firmware Revision: CC32
Transport: Serial, SATA Rev 3.0

Model Number: ST32000542AS
Serial Number: 6XXXXXXN4
Firmware Revision: CC34
Transport: Serial

Model Number: WDC WD20EFRX-68AX9N0
Serial Number: WD-WMCXXXXX07
Firmware Revision: 80.00A80
Transport: Serial, SATA 1.0a, SATA II Extensions, SATA Rev 2.5, SATA Rev 2.6, SATA Rev 3.0

The second one down sdb keeps failing and is pretty old and notably the same type as sda.

I would like to buy a replacement any advice on what to get ?

I saw this one that looked reasonable:

https://www.amazon.de/Blue-WD20EZRZ...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=JWJ2WAMH0VGXQAV9V2S8

But a second, third, forth opinion would be great.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I would look into one of the 2TB HGST enterprise (Ultrastar) drives that show up on amazon for cheaper than desktop drive prices.

takeawaydave

since you are using a RAID setup, we would definitely recommend buying a NAS drive. As long as you buy a HDD from a current hard drive series, you are good to go and can compare NAS-HDDs from any vendor in regards to price and specific details.
NAS drives differ from desktop drives in power-on-hours, firmware, warranty etc. Therefore, please refrain from buying regular desktop drives in your projected scenario!

Back