need to recover files plz

fightingfi

2[H]4U
so my 2nd pc i use i reinstalled win 7 on it right but my backup drive with customer info is on it in case they need backups i can give i to them but its not being seen in my computer until i format it any any ideas on how to pull that info off or recovery it without formatting? If i goto control panel disk mgmt its there but im not able to access or open the drive to see the files windows thinks its a new drive.:confused:

I would clone the drive first without touching it then see what I can do with the clone. It might show up or it might need initialising. If it does need to be initialised then run Recuva or get data back or one of the other recovery programs.

Had good luck so far doing this. If it doesn't work then you might have to work with the original drive which is brown trousers time. As long as it isn't a full format some data should be recoverable as long as it is in the same file format as it was.

Whats it show up as, raw? the partition table might be screwed. I've always used Zero Assumption Recovery. If I remember right, the free version only lets you save something like one to three folders at a time.....and you have to re-scan every time. Better off buying if you need it.

Back