Need to generate 100% static HTML cache for WordPress blog TBD

Cerulean

[H]F Junkie
Greetings,

I need to fully generate a cache for a Wordpress blog I would like to decommission, but I do not want to take the website/content itself down and make it inaccessible for archival purposes. I do not expect the search function or anything that requires PHP/a real programming language to work, that is OK. You'd still be able to browse all the pages and posts using the page navigator (where you can select what page you want to go to).

I do not want to leave the Wordpress site itself running because ....
* I do not have time for it
* Thus I do not have time for maintenance
* Thus it is left open to security vulnerabilities without constant attention to keep Wordpress & plugins updated
* It costs me to pay for VPS services because of PHP and the web-daemon; a lot of memory is used
* I don't have time to fine-tune nginx or the VPS, or do technical things to "fix" anything

In the end I want to
* Still have an accessible blog, but 100% static with no PHP or MySQL backbone, and Wordpress files CHMOD'd to 0 (or deleted)
* Decrease my monthly bills by $16-32 by getting rid of my VPS and falling back to plain ol' shared hosting

I use DreamHost.

I would just use a web crawler like HTTrack to crawl the site and grab everything.

SoRnMaN and enosis -- thank you!!!

HTTrack is very handy, I love it.

At the same time I had been wondering if there was anything like the plugin enosis suggested, and when I had looked I couldn't find one, but enosis points it out. Both resources (HTTrack and Static HTML Output Plugin) are useful! I had been thinking that I ought to put my blog on a VM of my own and I could possibly keep it up-to-date privately and publish 100% static HTML caches in place of a live Wordpress site on the internet. This would also save me on webhosting costs and precious VPS resources.

Back