Need to Fake an Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExpresKeep

Limp Gawd
So this is a weird situation

I need a good way to fake that I've been sending emails to an address for the past 1 1/2 months or so. The excuse can be any: it was blocked by my firewall, it was returned as undeliverable.. anything - I just need to figure out a way for the person on the recieving end to believe that those emails had been sent and for one reason or another didn't get to them and I didn't find out until now - thanks for the help i really appreciate it

ExpresKeep said:
So this is a weird situation

I need a good way to fake that I've been sending emails to an address for the past 1 1/2 months or so. The excuse can be any: it was blocked by my firewall, it was returned as undeliverable.. anything - I just need to figure out a way for the person on the recieving end to believe that those emails had been sent and for one reason or another didn't get to them and I didn't find out until now - thanks for the help i really appreciate it

So you want us to figure out a way to cover your tracks for something that is obviously too private for you to mention and/or may be illegal? Umm, I wouldn't be suprised if the next post was to say that you have been banned from these forums..

:rolleyes:

Yea.. I'm trying to fake emails to my parol officer about how well I've been behaved after I murderd those 6 children last year.. god it was a long recovery period but I'm doing better now lol

No, in fact I'm not a murderer rather I'm just trying to make it appear as though I've sent out the appropriate emails for the past 2 months to FedEx inquiring about a claims report I filed on some rotors that they lost. To be honest I really should have sent them the damn emails but I just plain forgot about them. I'm trying to make it seem as if I did so they wont flush my claim down the toilet as they really DID lose my rotors. If you've got an answer and still don't believe me I'd be more than happy to show you the eBay auction ID, FedEx tracking number, and claims report.

Basically just help a forgetful person out. I'm not pulling anything illegal or immoral, I just forgot to send these emails and I really would like my parents money back for these damn rotors. Thanks again in advance.

Your baby murdering friend,
X

Well, I'm just conjecturing, cause it's very late (5:15 AM) and I don't have my email server setup.

I would think you could set up an email server and dial the time back on that server and send out emails. The send date would then be stamped with the date of the server.

I might be wrong, but I've been up for a little too long without sleep, so that's all I can say.

Um, it's very easy to forge the sender address but the date? I don't know if that is possible....

mikeblas said:
Er, so how is this not fraud?

I'm pretty sure it is.

Soo...err...hey OP, what's your e-mail address? Just for...ahh...reference. I'd never try to make drama by turning it and this thread in to FedEx or anything. No way.

Just tell them you forgot. Honesty goes a long way in a corporate environment. You have the proof.

ExpresKeep said:
I'm not pulling anything illegal or immoral,
Yes, actually, you are.

You are essentially asking us how to lie to these people, right? If you can explain to me how that's not immoral ( at the least. Likely illegal too ), then I promise I will help you.

the solution is simple... pour jam on your router to jam them.... "Sir, its rasberry..." "only one man would dare give me the rasberry!!.... lonestar!!" -spaceballs

I just went back and re-read the OP. You're wanting to claim you didn't know until now that e-mails weren't getting there?

That's a really, really bad idea. All they've got to do is flag down a nearby IT dude and ask how long it takes for e-mail to be rejected. The answer: normally no more than 48 hours, and you usually have a warning within 4 hours of sending.

Basically, they're going to see right through it. Just tell them you meant to e-mail but never did.

Alrighty well thanks for both the suggestions and advice.. I'll see where the honesty goes. Appreciate it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back