Need to buy phone/tablet, other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

4745454b

Gawd
Done taking vacations for awhile, looking for more parts for my stuff. Shipping will be to 95926.

Looking for a tablet for my GF now. Her daughter bought a SFPro 3, but she is using an old Galaxy S3 that is starting to have some issues. Seems the case has now cracked and it won't charge unless you hold it together. Has a cracks in screen, etc. She is familiar with Android and wants to stay that way. She won't want a large unit, something small that fits in one hand. I prefer something with front and back camera's for obvious reasons. Will look at all offers, Dual core is fine, prefer 2GB ram. I think her current S3 has 16GBs of storage, I have an old 32GB SD card if need be. (Meaning I'll consider an 8GB device if it has a good front cam and supports 32GB SDcards.) We live in different cities and use these to chat, so again, the front cam is a must. I see things on Swappa in the $120 to $150, so lets keep the budget to that.

***Update***

If I got her an unlocked phone then I could she could use it as a cell once she moves down to the city where I live. Once her daughter gets out of HS this year then the plan is to move her/them down to the city where I live and cells work. Forum seems a bit devoid of cells at the moment, anyone have anything better then her S3? I've hopped on Amazon and found something that will work, anyone match/beat something with S4 specs for $150? Would need to be an unlocked phone because I'm not 100% positive who would have the best family plan next year.

I want a "Windows XP gaming laptop". Basically I'm looking for a laptop I can throw XP on and play my classic games that don't work right in Win7. I can't get Galactic battlegrounds to load at all, and Axis and Allies loads, but the mouse moves to fast and none the buttons to press are visible. Hoping it has a higher end C2D or C2Q, 2GBs of ram (but will entertain the idea of 1GB, more so if it has open slots.) and something that runs games well in XP. Don't need/want newer hardware as drivers might be hard to find. AMD options are ok as well. Not looking to spend a ton on this either as I won't use it a lot of the time. It also needs to have a dedicated IGP/GPU from ATI/AMD or Nvidia. Intel "extreme" doesn't cut it.

Interested in smart watches as well. More like interested in workout watches. Looking for a strapless heart rate monitor (HRM) that can preferably provide a constant readout though willing to get one that uses fingers for the reading. Need two, one for me and GF. She doesn't have a cell phone (I know, I'm working on it.) so don't need a lot of fancy stuff. I have a Oneplus one and don't mind extras. Even if you don't have one but know of a good one that can be used while working out I'm happy to hear suggestions.

And of course my favorite, "stuff". I'm using a 3770k, 16GBs of ram, 7950, 128 and 256GB Samsung SSDs, 2x 4TB hdd, Capstone 450W Gold PSU, Eyefinity 1080 setup on an actual mount, Z5500 5.1 speakers, Coolermaster 212+. Mouse? Keyboard? Good headphones? Anyone have a USB OTG adapter? Possibly a steering wheel, but I'm less sure about that. (I handle Blur just fine, but Dirt3 gave me fits.) What do you guys have that I didn't realize I need? For the keyboards, mice, headphones, etc I don't do wireless. Wifi is good, but wireless things that run out of battery power while gaming is bad. For headphones, I'm mostly interested in a set that is for gaming, with a mic and everything. One of my 4TB drives is acting up, anyone have a new one or one that is larger?

Last edited:
Prices guys? I'm going up to see her after work tonight, but I'll be looking to buy something sooner rather than later.

Turns out the cord she has was bent. Second this month. New cord fixed it. Still looking for something that doesn't have a crack in the screen, etc. Just don't have the time pressure anymore.

Still looking/waiting for prices.

If you are going to shoot me a message or offer something, system specs and/or link to product would be nice. I honestly had someone PM me offering me a "tricked out/loaded" laptop. But without a list of what's now in the unit, how am I supposed to guess what a good offer is? More so when you ask for X amount, but I have no idea what's now in it? Even a list like "stock, but I've upgraded the ram to 8GB and it now runs a 120GB SSD and a 1TB hdd". Anything guys other then got X or upgraded a lot.

Nexus 7 2013, 16gb with box and stock charger, blue Roocase Origami case. Mint, barely used. Stock unmodified Android 5.1.1. Will get Android M and possibly N as it is a Nexus....

$125 obo

Switching gears again. (sorry guys...) I found a tablet that would work for ~$85, but then I started thinking. If I got her an unlocked phone then I could she could use it as a cell once she moves down to the city where I live. Once her daughter gets out of HS this year then the plan is to move her/them down to the city where I live and cells work. Forum seems a bit devoid of cells at the moment, anyone have anything better then her S3? I've hopped on Amazon and found something that will work, anyone match/beat something with S4 specs for $150? Would need to be an unlocked phone because I'm not 100% positive who would have the best family plan next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back