Need super fast & stable (good OC'er) non SLI motherboard.

jpinard

Limp Gawd
Well, I'm finally getting rid of this P.O.S. Asus A8R-MVP, and I need to get a replacement motherboard. I'm looking for a board that isn't necessarily SLI or Crossfire, is very fast, super overclockable, and stable.

My specs are:

AMD FX57 normal voltage clock @2.95 Gig
2 Gig Patriot (1x2) Patriot LL $00MHz Memory 2-3-2-5 - 1T command rate
Fortron Source FSP Group FX600-GLN
ATI X1900 XTX
Zalmon 9500LED all ciopper heatpipe heatsink/fan
Creatie Labs X-Fi XTrememusic
3 200 Gig Seagate SATA I drives (not in RAID)

I will recommend the abit an8 series,mine has over 400 hours of gaming in four months in it's overclocked configuration with no problems presented

That DFI is very good but if your not into tweaking it may not be for you.

There are sooo many good boards out there that can OC well.

The Abit's and DFI's are good in general.

There are also a few others manufacturers that have decent boards too.

EPOX NF4 Ultra + higher is also a good choice.

DFI would probably be my last pick. This is my first board from them and I haven't had a pleasant experience at all... I don't mind tweaking but unless you consider shipping the board back for RMA replacements only to find their are inherent design flaws in the motherboard that make it incompatible with certain PSU's, memory types, running SLI, etc, tweaking, I would avoid them all together. They hire on some real jerks over at DFI-Street as well.

I have had a good experience with Abit, and even my eVGA Jetway board was great.

the biostar tforce ultra or tforce sli.they o/clock like mad and user reviews are stellar.its hard to believe but the more i read on these the more i want to try one.just check it out and see what you think.ive never read anything bad about them and thats unusual these days.there use of quality parts with these boards makes them a cut above the normal biostar board and the package that comes with them is terrific,the layout is very good also and it has a very adjustable bios.see for yourself.i wouldnt discount it because its biostar.ive had good luck with the biostar boards ive used over the years but i usually use asus,abit,msi,gigabyte and now i would definately use biostar tforce boards.if i wasnt so pleased with my asus a8n-e i would go for the biostar no question.the dfi's intrest me but they have so many issues with ram and and power supplies that there is no excuse for.in my mind its a design flaw that should have been caught in pre release,but i have a feeling they dont do much of that .it seems like thats our job.dfi expert has eaten a cpu of mine and thats the last time dfi will see any of my money.

wesleys_dad said:
the biostar tforce ultra or tforce sli.they o/clock like mad and user reviews are stellar.its hard to believe but the more i read on these the more i want to try one.just check it out and see what you think.ive never read anything bad about them and thats unusual these days.there use of quality parts with these boards makes them a cut above the normal biostar board and the package that comes with them is terrific,the layout is very good also and it has a very adjustable bios.see for yourself.i wouldnt discount it because its biostar.ive had good luck with the biostar boards ive used over the years but i usually use asus,abit,msi,gigabyte and now i would definately use biostar tforce boards.if i wasnt so pleased with my asus a8n-e i would go for the biostar no question.the dfi's intrest me but they have so many issues with ram and and power supplies that there is no excuse for.in my mind its a design flaw that should have been caught in pre release,but i have a feeling they dont do much of that .it seems like thats our job.dfi expert has eaten a cpu of mine and thats the last time dfi will see any of my money.
this is all I got out of that:

CAPITALIZE AND PUNTUATE!!!

DFI Ultra-D hands down, stable, OC likes a dream, could be modded to SLI, cheap... what more can you ask for.

What is this I hear about NForce SATA issues? I did end up ordering the DFI Ultra-D...

I have an Epox 9NPA+ ULTRA and the FSB maxxed at 321mhz before the computer crashed. Far more overclocking ability than I can use for my 165 opty. I don't know what the multiplyer is for that FX-57, but I'm sure its much higher than the 165s (9x). I'm sure the Epox would suit you fine.

Back