need super easy 360 games for 5 year old.

eon

2[H]4U
5 year old girl loves games but so far all on the 360 i downloaded are too hard where she calls me in the room every 2 minutes to help out. Im looking for games that are open ended where she can just roam around or a something super easy without puzzle solving where she is not going to get stuck

any ideas? thanks

Viva Pinata(s)
Lego games
XBLA games (Peggle, and so many others)
Disney Universe

But honestly, Kinect would be best for a 5 year old. Tons of easy to play games suited perfectly for kids. Even cool and well polished games like Disneyland Adventures ...

i tried the lego pirates game before but the puzzle solving was a little too complex for her.

My 5yo plays kinectimals and skylanders a lot. I've run into the same issue though were a lot of games he ends up calling me over for help too much. The lego games are fun to play with him, but the puzzles are a bit to hard for him solo.

Dark Souls is pretty open ended :D

but on a serious note, Rayman Origins might be a good one, think xbl might even have a demo she could try out

Last edited:
Rayman Origins if you can play together. It's a pretty challenging game really. Some of those levels had me raging.

i did the viva pinata game and she couldnt understand what to do. i think ill load up a laptop with snes games and let her play that when im not i dont have time to keep walking her through games

Minecraft maybe? She can do pretty much whatever she wants in that game. I never played it, but from what I hear the gameplay is addictive and simple. Might keep her occupied :)

Get Skylanders if you want something to play with the kid. And grab some extra figures too, you will need them :eek:

This is probably the only kids game where I was like "Hey do you want to play some Skylanders now?!? COME ON!"

Check this site out too:

http://www.girlsgogames.com/

Tons of fairly easy web based games for girls.

Also Free Realms is good too. My girl has been playing that since she was 5 and always finds new things to do...

Last edited:
Viva Pinata(s)
Lego games
XBLA games (Peggle, and so many others)
Disney Universe

But honestly, Kinect would be best for a 5 year old. Tons of easy to play games suited perfectly for kids. Even cool and well polished games like Disneyland Adventures ...

Kinect is a pain in the ass for 3 of 3 kids roaming around my house. Its fun for a bit, then they get frustrated by the horrendous game ui, the constant 'move back' 'move closer', and the bad responsiveness. Also it seems like every Kinect game is battling to have the most ridiculous avatar and XBL account log in process possible. They got some good play time with Kinectimals, but now they would just rather play pet games on the Wii or a DS. Then the Kinect went unused for about 8 months...

6 and 8 year old girls, 10 year old boy. They still play various Wii games regularly. I think the Wii has better kids games, while the Kinect pretends to have good kid games but its just a mess.

Last edited:
I know several 5 year olds who play the lego games so those should work. No one ever said you had to help the kid with everything just ignore them and tell them they need to figure it out. They will thank you later. haha

My five year old had a lot of fun with Madagascar 2 and Toy Story 3. In Toy Story 3 they have a ToyBox mode where it's just a big open area to run around and do whatever you want.

Minecraft maybe? She can do pretty much whatever she wants in that game. I never played it, but from what I hear the gameplay is addictive and simple. Might keep her occupied :)

Seconded. The 360 version has a lot more handholding than the PC/Pocket versions (tutorials, hints, and crafting recipes are shown, not guessed).

Just put her in front of a pc, and go to nick.com or nick. My son has endless fun playing games there.

download the original Sonic and you'll be good for months with just that.

Castleminer, like minecraft but a lot easier (you don't have to refine blocks you just select them from a menu). You can get in on xbla under indie games for only $1 so even if she doesn't like it it wasn't a waste

Xbox is tough for kids games, kinect really is a mess the wii is much easier honestly. My daughter plays PC games on a site called starsue. Tons of dress up type games, she also plays little big planet too bad that's not on Xbox

Cod black ops since it has training mode with bots.
My 4 yo nephew enjoys the game. He also likes dragon age on the pc.
diego-pc.jpg

Back