Need strategies for getting a Wii U

Took me a long time to get the wi fi to connect, updating now! Gonna do productive shit while I wait like clean. Lame I knows

That wii controller I bought didn't work with Mario, got cash refund not too long ago. The nun chucks work though so I might use those with friends for now. Need to get my hands on some of those wireless pro controllers.

Don't tell me the demand is going to be as bad as the Wii, is it?

I would expect a demand for them, but from what I saw when I went to get my pre-order, I don't think the demand is as high.

I went to get my preorder at gamestop; showed up at about 10:15am and they weren't open yet. There were two people (obviously together) waiting, seemed they'd been there for a while. They opened at 11 so I swung by Toys R Us to get my games (they're doing a buy one, get one 40% off deal). They were open at midnight and had a line -- still had basic models available.

I swung by bestbuy to kill some time -- they still had basic modles available. On my way in a guy was coming out with a deluxe model, could have been a pre-order but the grin on his face made me think he scored the last one on the shelf.

Went back to gamestop and they had just opened. Still had a dozen deluxe models that weren't spoken for.

I don't think everyone really knows about the release yet. I bet the demand grows as the stores start hyping it, as Nintendo's ads really are't really saying they've got a new console. Almost looks like it's a new controller.

The wal mart I went to got 64 wii u's total and four people in line haha

Also this update is taking fucking forever

Don't tell me the demand is going to be as bad as the Wii, is it?

My PS3 died last winter and I am deciding whether to replace it for X-Mas or get a Wii U instead. I'm kind of irritated the PS3 still costs $300 new.

PS3 goes on sale very frequently, I've seen it go for less than 200 during sales.

I went to two local stores last night (Wal-Mart and Meijer) and neither had lines for Wii-U. The store associates said there was very little interest. One told me that when the Wii launched they had a line forming 2 days ahead.

Anyways, are the problems people are reporting (wi-fi/firmware) something everyone is experiencing or only some people?

I went to two local stores last night (Wal-Mart and Meijer) and neither had lines for Wii-U. The store associates said there was very little interest. One told me that when the Wii launched they had a line forming 2 days ahead.

Anyways, are the problems people are reporting (wi-fi/firmware) something everyone is experiencing or only some people?

The wi fi blows, finally got it to connect but it disconnects frequently

Additionally employees have gotten caught numerous times holding back an unreasonable amount of stock and selling a lot on ebay.

It's weird how rarely I meet decent gamestop employees. I can understand holding back one or two items but some of these guys will hold 10 or 20 back to resell.

if I made $10/hour I'd be doing the same thing -- (i don't actually know how much they make) but it can't be much.

What kind of routers are people having issues with. My dlink DIR-855 linked with it perfectly and downloads including the update were very quick.

you guys see the ign zombi U review?

Yeah... I like it better than RE6 it is not easy and is real survival horror. Yet they give black ops II high mark and that game sucks same rehashed shit different wrapper.

Went to Walmart, and my little brother got the last deluxe so I just went with a basic. I really want the controller charger that came with the deluxe, so I'll see if I can get that separately. If not I'll wait for my deluxe to come in from Toys R Us and just craigslist or return the basic.

I think the controller is my favorite part of this console so far. But no Zelda, Metroid, or Mario Kart = :mad: :(

well the fred meyer plan worked. got to fred meyer 10 minutes before they opened and i was 4th in line with no one behind me. by the time i bought my deluxe wii u there were two more people behind me. looked like they had about 12 of each version of the console for sale.

What kind of routers are people having issues with. My dlink DIR-855 linked with it perfectly and downloads including the update were very quick.

i have a dlink and am having nothing but issues.

what are your security settings?

change the channel your wifi is broadcasting on ... all nintendo stuff hates the default.

tried a different channel and that security mode. still fails

this is truly ruining my experience. honestly cant enjoy the thing. its very infuriating.

Please tell me it isn't a 655 or 615, pieces of shit. I'm also running G only, I have my N on the 5ghz I don't run mixed modes not sure if that helps.

Wii U is not selling worth a crap on eBay. What can I get for them if I have a couple to sell?

NEVER, EVER skimp on a router. running netgear WNDR3700

i didnt pay for it. my fathers house, my fathers router.

regardless. if every device works in the house but the wii u.. is it the cheap router? fuck no its the fucking wii u.

keeps disconnecting

yeah its the 615

I really am not being mean but I figured it would be that router is just not good. With that router use WPA personal, tkip as AES creates more overhead that router just doesn't have any power in the chip set it has. A router is just one thing I never cheap out on like power supplies and hard drives.

I really am not being mean but I figured it would be that router is just not good. With that router use WPA personal, tkip as AES creates more overhead that router just doesn't have any power in the chip set it has. A router is just one thing I never cheap out on like power supplies and hard drives.

no doubt, i may replace it myself.

considering frys right now seriously

any suggestions ?

WPA1 only?

i didnt pay for it. my fathers house, my fathers router.

regardless. if every device works in the house but the wii u.. is it the cheap router? fuck no its the fucking wii u.

keeps disconnecting

What are your settings? And that router has connection issues according to reviews on new egg.

WPA1 only?

Yes your router doesn't have the horse power for the higher settings and sometimes adding one more device is just to much and the router is like screw it then, even the router I have I found its limit at 30 wireless devices running at once it got pissed

auto channel scan is on

transmission rate is best (auto)

channel width is auto 20/40mhz

security mode WPA Only
TKIP
group key update every 3600 seconds

Actually, its all over the place.
This is the most divisive game I have seen in a long time. Makes we want to play it even more. :D

Gamespot - 4.5/10
Official Nintendo Magazine - 92/100
EDGE - 7/10
Game Informer - 5/10
Eurogamer - 9/10
IGN - 6.3/10
Destructoid - 8/10
CVG - 8.4/10
GamesRadar - 3/5
GamesBeat - 88/100
Polygon - 8/10

Recently, I have been trusting Dtoid and Eurogamer, so this is VERY interesting.

Fuck. Why does Toys R Us ship ON release day? I'm gonna have the game tomorrow and no console till Friday.

Actually, its all over the place.
This is the most divisive game I have seen in a long time. Makes we want to play it even more. :D

Gamespot - 4.5/10
Official Nintendo Magazine - 92/100
EDGE - 7/10
Game Informer - 5/10
Eurogamer - 9/10
IGN - 6.3/10
Destructoid - 8/10
CVG - 8.4/10
GamesRadar - 3/5
GamesBeat - 88/100
Polygon - 8/10

Recently, I have been trusting Dtoid and Eurogamer, so this is VERY interesting.

Fuck. Why does Toys R Us ship ON release day? I'm gonna have the game tomorrow and no console till Friday.
If you like survival horror you will like it plain and simple, reviewers have their heads up their asses , AC3,and Blops2 should have been lower scored don't get me wrong I liked AC3 but it was a7.9/8.5 out of 10 all day long not a 9 or better, and blops2 is a 7.5/10 as well. Reviewers are too busy kissing ass or fearing for their jobs these days.

I got an Asus router not too long ago, thing is a champ. Had no issues with wi-fi on the Wii U either today. Got about a solid 4 hours of Mario in today with gf and sister, was a boat load of fun.

Apparently if you use 2 nun chucks, the wii tablet controller can't be used as a third player. Biggest horse shit on earth. Had to grab a third nun chuck to be able to play.

Other than that, it's money well spent. Can't wait to try ZombieU tomorrow.

If you like survival horror you will like it plain and simple, reviewers have their heads up their asses , AC3,and Blops2 should have been lower scored don't get me wrong I liked AC3 but it was a7.9/8.5 out of 10 all day long not a 9 or better, and blops2 is a 7.5/10 as well. Reviewers are too busy kissing ass or fearing for their jobs these days.

Yeah, I think I will enjoy it. One review was complaining about using the touch screen too much, which is the freakin point. Just ridiculous. I don't understand how some people are employed to do this...

Auto channel no no pick one 1,6,11.

i actually think it might be an interference thing

which would explain the connect and then disconnect.

my computer and wii U are right next to each other. I think that is doing it tbh

i tried all those channels btw

Back