Need strategies for getting a Wii U

I talked with one of the people at Target and I got some mixed answers. One guy told me that company policy states they have to sell anything they have in stock if someone asks. Per that guy, a manager has to OK it if someone asks.

Another guy (at a different location that DID have deluxe models in the back) said they were forced to stockpile them for this Sunday when they were planning to have a Sunday paper ad.

Either way, it seems like Targets will have them Sunday morning.

What happens is they will label them in the lockup in back for ad date what ever and they are not to be touched without manager approval this is 100% correct and even then most managers will not touch them without a ASM or GSM approval.

Now the Target website says that literally every Target on the southern half of Denver has it, so I guess I'll be talking to a GSM this afternoon. That's the term the guy told me to use, too...so I guess this is legit.

Did Leviathan end up getting one of these bad boys? Can't recall and don't want to surf through pages >.>

Who else did I talk to (other than dalearyous) about swapping NintendoIDs?

Did Leviathan end up getting one of these bad boys? Can't recall and don't want to surf through pages >.>

Who else did I talk to (other than dalearyous) about swapping NintendoIDs?

YEA BOI!
I did, but you will have to forgive me. I have not had time to get eshops cards so I wont be able to play Trine 2 with you guys, for a couple of days. But I will PM you my NID in a minute. (Finishing up at work right now)

YEA BOI!
I did, but you will have to forgive me. I have not had time to get eshops cards so I wont be able to play Trine 2 with you guys, for a couple of days. But I will PM you my NID in a minute. (Finishing up at work right now)

Yah just PM it, I'll add you. I haven't really had time to play my Wii U (mostly do it on weekends with friends) during the week. Focusing more on AC3 and Hitman for my week days. So no worries on Trine 2, we can play it when we all have some time. No use in buying a game when none of us have time to play it.

So did anyone have trouble getting Wii U's? I'm just curious because my target by my house has a stack of both kinds. I'm still on the fence about picking one up but availability doesn't seem to be an issue.

So did anyone have trouble getting Wii U's? I'm just curious because my target by my house has a stack of both kinds. I'm still on the fence about picking one up but availability doesn't seem to be an issue.

it doesnt seem to be an issue to be honest. theres barely a markup on ebay too. i think in some locations it might be a little tough but honestly if you live in an okay sized city grabbing one isnt hard

I didn't, but a few others did. Looks like stock is replenishing now after Black Friday. Wonder what it'll be like in the coming days and weeks, as Christmas nears and all the frantic parents run out and try to secure some for their asshole kids. :)

Onto the real important matter: GET ONE. A few of us are exchanging N ID's now.

I didn't, but a few others did. Looks like stock is replenishing now after Black Friday. Wonder what it'll be like in the coming days and weeks, as Christmas nears and all the frantic parents run out and try to secure some for their asshole kids. :)

Onto the real important matter: GET ONE. A few of us are exchanging N ID's now.

Maybe after next week. Next week I have to work in Colorado...on December 6th.................

BTW, theres gonna be another Nintendo Direct on December 10.
Supposedly announcing new games, but don't quote me.

On that same note, have you guys seen this?
Someone evidently got "developer access" when going online with their WiiU and found what looks like some secret forum where unannounced games were mentioned.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500411
Notice the debug screens....

The most shocking section...
[Imgur](http://i.imgur.com/Ci3nM.jpg)

I wonder what this really is..... the plot thickens....

Last edited:
They're all over Denver now...at least today. Tons of Target stores have them and I even saw a stack (of both kinds) at Gamestop. Even the surprisingly rare Pro Controllers were in stock at Gamestop, too.

Considering how tough the Wii was to get back when it first hit, I don't think this is even close. Finding one of those on the shelf either required a blizzard people couldn't traverse to the store or waiting in a long line starting at 3AM Sunday after Sunday until a store got in enough to meet demand.

BTW, theres gonna be another Nintendo Direct on December 10.
Supposedly announcing new games, but don't quote me.

On that same note, have you guys seen this?
Someone evidently got "developer access" when going online with their WiiU and found what looks like some secret forum where unannounced games were mentioned.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500411
Notice the debug screens....

The most shocking section...
[Imgur](http://i.imgur.com/Ci3nM.jpg)

I wonder what this really is..... the plot thickens....

Yoshi? Oh man...that sounds beast.

I want to know what SOUL HACKERS is.
Because, if its the same SOUL HACKERS that I've heard of.... That's a Shin Megami Tensei game. Atlus. Persona 4. The same.

I WANT TO BELIEVE!!!

pretty sure i'm going to end up returning my 2 extra wii u deluxe's instead of trying to sell them...i'll wait another week or two and see if prices fluctuate any, but i doubt i'd get more than $400-420 for one on ebay and that's not worth the paypal/ebay/shipping charges and hassle for like a $8 profit.

Honestly, I bet as it gets closer to Christmas you'll see those prices go back up. Even if this isn't the Wii or PS2 all over again, it's still going to be a hot item this year. The stocks that are out there right now are certainly going to be gone this weekend and I bet people are going to be scrambling to find them again.

Honestly, I bet as it gets closer to Christmas you'll see those prices go back up. Even if this isn't the Wii or PS2 all over again, it's still going to be a hot item this year. The stocks that are out there right now are certainly going to be gone this weekend and I bet people are going to be scrambling to find them again.

I think that's how it'll go to. Once people realize "Hey there's some to buy now!", inventory will be depleted in most places. I'm sure after New Years they'll pop up again though.

I do not think the stock is going to be a problem, there are plenty of wiis now and production will only keep pumping them out. I do find it funny though that there is absolutely no risk to scalping these systems because you can just return them for a full refund. I learned that lesson online, pull the trigger first then think you can always cancel the order.

So this is annoying. Best Buy in Tampa must be one of the worst locations to try and get one. I went off the recommendation of someone else and went to best buy to trade in my 360 for the $100 credit. There were some problems getting the promo to work (it didn't), but everything worked out in the end and they told me they would just take $100 off the console in addition to the $55 gift card I already had from the trade-in.

One problem, they didn't have any Deluxes, which is what I want. And they still don't!

I've been considering trying to pick one up at another store, then when I do eventually get it from best buy, just returning that unopened one to whatever store I bought from. A little immoral I know, but I'm getting impatient.

The Deluxe version isn't THAT big of a deal I suppose. I was under the impression it came with a Wii-mote or the Pro controller, but the only difference is capacity and Nintendoland...plus it's black.
If you don't care about Nintendoland or the color, you could always buy the basic one, a big ass memory card, and a different game.

The Deluxe version isn't THAT big of a deal I suppose. I was under the impression it came with a Wii-mote or the Pro controller, but the only difference is capacity and Nintendoland...plus it's black.
If you don't care about Nintendoland or the color, you could always buy the basic one, a big ass memory card, and a different game.

Basically. I can't stand smudged products, so I try to stay away from black as much as possible, or keep a microfiber cloth nearby. Just irks me.

I don't really touch the system itself all that much (except the eject button) but the tablet definitely gets smudgy, especially considering it has a giant touch screen.

One thing that irked me a little - the new Wii U Pro controller won't work with old Wii games. I was hoping to bust out some Mario Kart with it, but that doesn't work. You have to use one of those Wii-mote nunchuck-style gamepads.

Sure does, but I can't SEE it as well haha. I still wipe everything down at home. I'm kind of OCD about wiping smudges.

In my house we wash hands before we play and never play and eat it does keep things clean, I almost never see finger prints like those grease balls at IGN had on there's.

Quick pro tip: don't eject Wii u games before going back to the main menu it really doesn't like that!

In my house we wash hands before we play and never play and eat it does keep things clean, I almost never see finger prints like those grease balls at IGN had on there's.

Quick pro tip: don't eject Wii u games before going back to the main menu it really doesn't like that!

Yeah I wash my hands and sanitize often, so it's not an issue really, but I try not to eat and play at the same time. I usually watch tv or something that doesn't require hands while I finish eating.

Really enjoy my Wii U and I'm glad that this time nintendo actually has stock so you don't have to fight to get one.

I consider it the only choice. Given the fact that it's black (much preferred for my home theater setup), plus the extras you get for a measly $50, it's worth it. It's a wonder why they have 2 separate consoles to begin with.

I consider it the only choice. Given the fact that it's black (much preferred for my home theater setup), plus the extras you get for a measly $50, it's worth it. It's a wonder why they have 2 separate consoles to begin with.

But you know if they didn't offer a cheaper option people somewhere would bitch that there is only one choice.

Back