Need some piece of mind about a 5g router

majic12

Limp Gawd
So today i came home and found inside my brother and a technician that was just finishing instaling fiber optics and a 5g router for free as he said the old ones we used were old.Same company we have contract with.He took my 3g wifi router and left with me having no time to understand what has just hapened..

So now ive found that i have 5g in my home.A few months ago i watched carefully the controvery about 5g on youtube and im terrified that this is in my home.Approched the router with a rf meter from my phone(i know its not the best choice) but the thing showed between 1700-2300 uw m2 at half a meter distance.And about 500-700 uw m2 at a 2 meter distance.

Ive disabled the wifi and im stuck with using a ethernet cable now so you can imagine the war about wifi on the phones at home and me standing as a wall in front of it.

What to do?

I have never measured my 3g router but i suspect it is way las than the 5g one.The 5g one has a option for 2.4ghz and 5ghz but the readings are the same.

Break the contract and search for a new one that has at leas 4g router?

Turn wifi on and pray?

Stay with a ethernet cable no mather the situation?

I cant move the router to another room as the house is tiny and the cable not long enough

I need people with knowledge on the topic as I am not sure if im making a fool of my self right now.The way i see 5g is like smoking 1 cigarette per day for 20 years and than one day discover something is not right with me.

Uh, what? I'm not sure where you got all your tinfoil information from...

Uh, what? I'm not sure where you got all your tinfoil information from...

If i start to copy paste youtube links or other media i will probably run out of space or get tired.It wasnt my idea to sound like Mulder here but I dont want to be ignorant either.

I was expecting a more mature comment.. , possibly from someone with some technician background that coud give me his opinion on RF emissions and stuff.

You already have that background- if it transmits a radio signal in the US, it's been cleared by the FCC. What you're asking for is a conspiracy-theory-grade response.

You already have that background- if it transmits a radio signal in the US, it's been cleared by the FCC. What you're asking for is a conspiracy-theory-grade response.

I think i might have made a simple mistake.Please, please correct me if im wrong.5G is a mobile connection, and 5ghz /2,4ghz wifi or the term ¨¨5g wifi¨¨ has nothing to do with the 5g lets say phones use? Right ?

Cheers

I think i might have made a simple mistake.Please, please correct me if im wrong.5G is a mobile connection, and 5ghz /2,4ghz wifi or the term ¨¨5g wifi¨¨ has nothing to do with the 5g lets say phones use? Right ?

Cheers

5G, meaning fifth-generation wireless phone technology, runs on many different frequencies from hundreds of megahertz up to sixty gigahertz. I'd recommend looking it up. In some ways it is meant to compete with WiFi, which runs only on 2.4GHz and 5GHz.

First of all, what do you mean by 3G and 5G?

3G like HSDPA and 5G like... 5G, i.e. what's after 4G LTE. I hope.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Turn the wifi back on, and hope your family doesn't remember this situation come time for telling stories around the holidays. :LOL:

5G, meaning fifth-generation wireless phone technology, runs on many different frequencies from hundreds of megahertz up to sixty gigahertz. I'd recommend looking it up. In some ways it is meant to compete with WiFi, which runs only on 2.4GHz and 5GHz.

So 5g mobile has nothing to do with 5ghz wifi, did I got it right mate?
The person that left the router told me with greate pride 5g and bam left.If i got it right, he ment a 5ghz wifi router which has nothing to do with the frequencies new 5g connections phones use, right?

So 5g mobile has nothing to do with 5ghz wifi, did I got it right mate?

Nope. Totally different radios.

The person that left the router told me with greate pride 5g and bam left.If i got it right, he ment a 5ghz wifi router which has nothing to do with the frequencies new 5g connections phones use, right?

It's entirely possible that the person in question had no idea what they were talking about.

Maybe it's WiFi 5 as they are redoing the naming for the WiFi speeds.

If i start to copy paste youtube links or other media i will probably run out of space or get tired.It wasnt my idea to sound like Mulder here but I dont want to be ignorant either.
Try me.

If you don't want to appear to be ignorant...maybe do some research? I don't mean that to sound harsh, but there isn't any other way to put it...

Congratulations, OP. Not only have you apparently confused 5 GHz WiFi with the upcoming 5G cellular standard (totally understandable, given how they share a letter and number), you've also managed to fall for Russian propaganda.

Reactions: Farva
like this
Who makes said router? I would be more concerned with that than frequency impacts on your DNA, etc... (again, if we are talking about 5G cellular, not 5GHz wifi).

With great embarrassment, I want to say thank you to everyone for the education that i just receved.
As a small hobby later on i will make a small faraday cage box to test it.Actually aluminium foil brought the emisions to half, and the speed too xddd.

Going to continue with my life now.

Emissions?... How are you measuring these "emissions?" Or are you just talking about signal strength?

Signal strength, my bad.
Signal strength has nothing to do with emissions...even if the emissions was something harmful...

I should just walk away. My brain hurts too much from this thread.

Back