Need some input on doing a 2 way SLI

Smoke1991

Limp Gawd
I just currently upgraded to a GTX 470 from a 8800gt, and now im considering getting another one to SLI. :D

my question is i did run the cooler master power calculator to figure out how much wattage cooler master would recommend for my system.

It came up with 637W.

Now my question is i have that 750W (Real Power Pro 750W (RS-750-ACAA-A1) psu already and according to cooler masters sight its more than enough for the 2 gtx470's. the only problem is that the power supply unit only has a total of 2 6 pin connectors to power the video card. My solution to this is get 2 y adaptors to split the 2 and get a total of 4 or to tap into the other connectors using adapters. the Only problem about this is I dont know how they layout is in terms of power for the rails. Aka can 1 6pin split into 2 support 1 video card?

Would I be able to do this? And no I am not overclocking anything on my rig.

My current setup:

Intel E8400
Evga 680I -lt Motherboard.
Corsair xms ram (4 sticks total of 4 gigs)
Galaxy (70XKH3HS8GUX) GeForce GTX 470 Video Card
3x s-ata 250GB WD HDD's (7200RPM) (all running off 1 power line from psu)
2 dvd-rw drives. (running off 1 power line from psu)
1 usb reader. (powered by Mobo)
1x 120mm exhaust fan. (front of the case is a giant mesh grill. case temps are actually very closs to room temps.:))

If I can get away with this then id defiantly consider it. And probably within a year or so actually upgrade the rest of my rig.

So what do you guys think?

P.S.

Unigine
Heaven Benchmark v2.0 (defult settings)
FPS:
Scores:
Min FPS:
Max FPS:

Does that seem about right for my setup? Thanks!

Last edited:
Back