Need some help with the Baystack 350F-HD :)

Blitzrommel

2[H]4U
I saw a post a few months ago on how to reset it to factory settings, but I couldn't find it -- how can I do that without using the comm port?

Never mind, found my serial cable :)

So how do I do it WITH the console? Keeps complaining about Incorrect Password. I found nothing in the user guide for the thing, nothing on Google, and nothing on Nortel's website.

Might be a long shot, but try "secure"

Apparently there is a problem with Baystack 350-24t switches and Windows XP HyperTerminal, and while setting the password, it went to its default when a password is enabled. It took me forever to figure it out, but it ended up setting itself to secure.

Originally posted by djdk
Might be a long shot, but try "secure"

Apparently there is a problem with Baystack 350-24t switches and Windows XP HyperTerminal, and while setting the password, it went to its default when a password is enabled. It took me forever to figure it out, but it ended up setting itself to secure.
Tried that -- no good. :(

for some reason I can't console into my Baystack 350-12T, do I have to use some sort of specific cable serial cable?

Originally posted by Joony
for some reason I can't console into my Baystack 350-12T, do I have to use some sort of specific cable serial cable?

Should work with a straight through serial cable. You might have to hit ctrl-y or ctrl-c to get in. Also, make sure your serial port is set to:

9600 baud
8 data bits
no parity
1 stop bit

Yeah, any normal serial cable female-to-female will work.

When you login hit ENTER a few times or something until you get "Incorrect Password" -- cause Ctrl-C/Ctrl-Y seldom works for me. :(

What a blast from the past.

I never did find a way; I ditched it for a Cisco 2950 I got from someone long ago.

Back