Need some help with our church VMix machine

The Cobra

2[H]4U
Hi all, I’ve attached a video with describing our VMix machine. It’s an Asus Tuf x570 board, Amd 5900x Nvidia RTX 4000 GPU 32gb of ram. Latest bios downloaded three weeks ago. The machine was working fully Friday when I left work at 2pm, I even shut the machine off until I had to use it this morning. I get in this morning and the machine is already turned on!!!! I didn’t worry about it because we had service to get ready for. I try to load the machine nothing. No post or anything. It goes from Orange to Red on the motherboard and sits. According to Asus, the red light means a CPU issue. I swapped graphics cards, no go. I swapped the DDR4 ram, no go. I even went to BestBuy and got a 5600x to test to see if it was the CPU, again same thing. Im thinking it’s a motherboard issue at this point. I’ve attached a video with this for your perusal. Any help is appreciated. Below is a YouTube link to the video.

Last edited:
Seems like a mobo or PSU/power related issue. Try resetting the CMOS manually if you haven't. Also, try a different power outlet and swapping the PSU for a different one if you can. I would also double check the polarity on all the motherboard connections and make sure the it is properly installed in the case and that there are no shorts. Trying different RAM slots might be worth a shot too. You could also look for signs of damage on the board (blown/burst/leaking capacitors, etc.) or other problems with the electrical engineering.

That is all I can think of, though I'm sure there are more knowledgeable people here who will chip in. Best of luck. If all that doesn't work I would just ensure it is not the PSU before replacing the motherboard.

Seems like a mobo or PSU/power related issue. Try resetting the CMOS manually if you haven't. Also, try a different power outlet and swapping the PSU for a different one if you can. I would also double check the polarity on all the motherboard connections and make sure the it is properly installed in the case and that there are no shorts. Trying different RAM slots might be worth a shot too. You could also look for signs of damage on the board (blown/burst/leaking capacitors, etc.) or other problems with the electrical engineering.

That is all I can think of, though I'm sure there are more knowledgeable people here who will chip in. Best of luck. If all that doesn't work I would just ensure it is not the PSU before replacing the motherboard.

Thx for the advice. I did hook up an 850W thermaltake PSU that even had the extra 4 CPU pin along with the 8 thinking it might be undervolted, nope. I used can of duster to blow the CPU area out and a micro vacuum around in in the CPU area. Again, no go. No bent pins on the CPU, secured nice to the board. I tried a single stick of 16GB and 2 sticks at 32GB...no post, just the red CPU light. I even left the CMOS battery out for an hour and shorted the two pins to clear it, nope. I have a full watrranty on the machine and can swap out the board, I think that is the route I have to go at this point. I am gong to call up the company we go the machine from and see f they can send out a board. We can't be down two Sundays in a row.

We should be getting a new board today or tomorrow. I'll fill everyone on on what's happening!!!!

Reactions: t1k
like this
Back