Need some help with Android SDK

MorgothPl

2[H]4U
I'm trying to flash my Xperia ARC to 4.1, but first I need to unlock the bootloader.

This is where I fail - I'm suposed to download the Android SDK - got the zip version, unpacked it, run it. But... it does not ask me to download any packages, thus I can't install the Google USB driver package, as it's not even on the list of packages - in SDK windows Extras is empty.

What am I doing wrong, and how to fix it? :)

When you say Android SDK, are you trying to just get adb working?

No, I mean the Android SDK version 20.03 - this one http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

Pysch is right, you areprobably just trying to get ADB working. That is why some sites direct you to download the whole SDK package.

There are ways to directly install or implement ADB without downloading the SDK package.

XDA is a great resource for this type of info.

OP- have you every unlocked any other bootloader in the past? Are you familiar with the process?

Wow... You have to love the fact that the Sony site directs people to XDA. <3 Sony.

Beaten it :)
Had first though to make Win7 into allowing the drivers without digital signature, otherwise it was blocking driver install for fastboot.

Now got my phone unlocked, and downloading 4.1 JB CyanMod 10 (won't be paying for downloads) so it's 60 kb/sec max speed for 150mb :) Got also some nifty instructions how to root my Arc, so soon I'll enjoy newest version of Android.

Of course the instructions on how to open bootloader were much easier to follow on XDA then those created by Sony :)

Back