need some help on routing couple wireless routers on same network

Hi Guys
I am just wondering if anybody can help me route 2 wireless routers on the same internal network and main connection is coming from Mikrotik Routerboard. Problem is that I cant connect any computers if I am on my main wireless router (Netgear router) and the lan IP address is 192.168.5.1 with Wan IP address of 192.168.55.20 and I am trying connect down to my belkin router that have LAN IP of 192.168.2.x with WAN ip address of 192.168.60.x

So how would I be able to get the belkin router from my main wireless router without disconnecting and reconnecting to the belkin router?

I run 2 wireless routers on my network, primary is set to 198.168.1.1 and the second one is 198.168.1.2.
The second one is used as a switch and wifi repeater using the same ssid and password as the primary wireless router. DHCP is turned off on the second router.

Router 2 is plugged into plug 1 on the first router and plug 1 on the second router.

Are you trying to allow all machines connected to both routers access to each other, if so, them I believe the first 3 sets of ip numbers have to be the same on both routers.

A bit curious about your setup here. What are you trying to achieve with it? You have multiple routers, multiple networks, including LAN and WAN. Are you using your WAN addresses as external addresses to the rest of your network?

I would think you could extend the subnet for your routers and have them share the same network. If you want them both to do DHCP, you can just assign them different ranges to cover. I think a little more information about your intent and setup would help here. Perhaps a network diagram of what you have and what you are trying to achieve.

Hi Guys
I am just wondering if anybody can help me route 2 wireless routers on the same internal network and main connection is coming from Mikrotik Routerboard. Problem is that I cant connect any computers if I am on my main wireless router (Netgear router) and the lan IP address is 192.168.5.1 with Wan IP address of 192.168.55.20 and I am trying connect down to my belkin router that have LAN IP of 192.168.2.x with WAN ip address of 192.168.60.x

So how would I be able to get the belkin router from my main wireless router without disconnecting and reconnecting to the belkin router?

You would need to add static routes to the routers and I highly doubt the cheapo Netgear and Belkin can do that. How are the connected to the RB? Are they bridged or on separate routed interfaces?

You need to disable DHCP on any router other than the main router that is connected to your modem. None of the routers except the one conencted to your modem should have anything plugged into their WAN ports; only use the LAN ports.

That will bring you back to being on one single large network. The "routers" with DHCP disabled will become "access points".

Back