Need some help on proxmox VM

I am needing some help on proxmox networking. I have ubuntu VM installed on proxmox and I cant get the ubuntu to ping out of proxmox to my network. But from proxmox to reset of my network I can ping out. What am I missing here?

I only have one nic card on this so here is the Proxmox network interface:
network interface settings; autogenerated
# Please do NOT modify this file directly, unless you know what
# you're doing.
#
# If you want to manage part of the network configuration manually,
# please utilize the 'source' or 'source-directory' directives to do
# so.
# PVE will preserve these directives, but will NOT its network
# configuration from sourced files, so do not attempt to move any of
# the PVE managed interfaces into external files!

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface enp2s0 inet manual

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
address 192.168.70.4
netmask 255.255.255.0
gateway 192.168.70.1
bridge_ports enp2s0
bridge_stp off
bridge_fd 0

Here is Ubuntu VM on proxmox network interface:

# This file describes the network interfaces available on your system
# and how to activate them. For more information, see interfaces(5).

source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
auto ens18
iface ens18 inet static
address 192.168.70.9
netmask 255.255.255.0
network 192.168.70.0
gateway 192.168.70.1
dns-namservers 1.1.1.1 ,1.0.0.1

Some more information would probably be helpful. Can the VM ping 192.168.70.4? Do you have DHCP available on that network? Have you tried just see if the VM will pick up a DHCP lease?

Also, I'm going to assume these were both /etc/network/interfaces files. Something I just noticed is that apparently in Ubuntu 18.04 you now need to use the "netplan" configuration for static IPs.

https://unix.stackexchange.com/ques...with-interface-with-ip-static-in-ubuntu-18-04
https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-configure-static-ip-address-on-ubuntu-18-04-bionic-beaver-linux

Definitely something you wouldn't be thinking about if you just grabbed the latest version of Ubuntu to download and put onto your VM. Otherwise, the rest of that config looks perfectly fine and it should be working. If it still isn't working after any of those tests then there is probably a firewall enabled somehow. Proxmox does have a nice GUI you could try which runs on port 8006 by default. You might be able to poke around in there and just verify there aren't other interfaces or firewall configurations you're not seeing on the command line in case stuff is in an odd location.

Back