Need some help finding a tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airbrushkid

2[H]4U
I was talking to a member here. "odditory" Here mention in a thread that he ran a highly customized install of 10 Pro.

So how many of you mine using Windows 10?

I pm him about how he did this. He told me is was made it with a MS supplied tool.

Made it with a MS supplied tool. It takes the standard ISO, you tell it what you want to remove, and it re-saves the ISO. Lemme find a link.

Well he has never replied back with a link. Does anyone know of this tool? And a link to download it?

Thank you for your time.
Airbrushkid :)

Last edited:
I was talking to a member here. "odditory" Here mention in a thread that he ran a highly customized install of 10 Pro.
So how many of you mine using Windows 10?
I pm him about how he did this. He told me is was made it with a MS supplied tool.

Possibly the ADK tools - refer to this link and have a read. If it was a large scale deployment, then it may have been the MDT toolset, but given the context, I'd suspect it's the ADK tools:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...get-the-tools-needed-to-customize-windows-sxs

MDT document:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...ndows-mdt/create-a-windows-10-reference-image

Thank you guys. Just a little to much for me. I'm getting old for this stuff. So I'll stay away from Windows 10.

Thank you guys. Just a little to much for me. I'm getting old for this stuff. So I'll stay away from Windows 10.

You might get the result you're after with this Windows 10 privacy / tweak guide. It was posted on this site quite a while back and it's pretty comprehensive.
There are sections on removing various components. And it's not overly complicated. Have a read...

https://fdossena.com/?p=w10debotnet/index_1703.frag

Thank you sir. I don't want the updates popping up in the middle other things going on. And changing my video card drivers. etc. You know what I mean.

Thank you sir. I don't want the updates popping up in the middle other things going on. And changing my video card drivers. etc. You know what I mean.

Agreed!
I hate a lot of the defaults with a passion.
Thankfully almost all of the annoying features can be tweaked or disabled, but some require a little effort.
I'm pretty sure that guide gets into it, but a lot of the nuisance features like advertising are best dealt with through the local group policy settings. spending some time in there going through all of the settings is worth it to get things how you like them (disabling things like live tile updates on the start screen, advertisements, all sorts of stuff). Personally I use Classic Shell on my Windows installations too as there's a few user interface things I don't like - but that's very much a personal preference (I know some people love things like the start screen and the Windows 10 version of the start menu).

Found the tool. I made a W10 ISO and strip everything out of it. And I mean everything.

Agreed!
I hate a lot of the defaults with a passion.
Thankfully almost all of the annoying features can be tweaked or disabled, but some require a little effort.
I'm pretty sure that guide gets into it, but a lot of the nuisance features like advertising are best dealt with through the local group policy settings. spending some time in there going through all of the settings is worth it to get things how you like them (disabling things like live tile updates on the start screen, advertisements, all sorts of stuff). Personally I use Classic Shell on my Windows installations too as there's a few user interface things I don't like - but that's very much a personal preference (I know some people love things like the start screen and the Windows 10 version of the start menu).

Tried to pm you but you don't accepts pm's.

cartman that's right I do what I want.jpg

lol :)

With you everything is illegal. Stop watching so much tv.

So post the answer here.

There's nothing worse than when you have a similar issue and you find a thread on the exact topic after searching every corner of Google and the person with the answer doesn't post just what the answer is! Is it that hard to post it here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back