Need some good cheap 2.5MM headphones, anyone know of some?

J32P

[H]ard|Gawd
I finally started to use my phone as my main MP3 player but it has a 2.5MM input. My current headphones however are bigger(3.5MM I think). So I went out and bought an adapter but the right ear is the only one that works now because of the adapter.(I believe)

I would rather just buy some 2.5MM headphones since the adapter makes the headphone plug stick out too far anyway. Problem is, I'm not seeing a lot of 2.5MM headphones that are good.

Anyone?

And Thank you.
icon12.gif

The adapter you bought was probably mono and not stereo. Also you can buy adapters that have an inch or two between the male and female connectors. Look on ebay.

The adapter I bought was stereo(who would buy a mono adapter). It just doesn't work right with my phone. Something about being only 3 or 4 rings, I forget exactly what it was though. But anyways, don't want an adapter anymore.

What brand of phone do you have? Some brands like nokia go against the standard and put the left, right, and mic on different positions on the jack, that essentially makes your left or right earphone into a mic input. Also if the jack is recessed too far into the phone then some adapters just won't fit all the way in and will only make contact with 2 or 3 of the rings. In that case, you'll have to find an adapter with a narrow base.

What brand of phone do you have? Some brands like nokia go against the standard and put the left, right, and mic on different positions on the jack, that essentially makes your left or right earphone into a mic input. Also if the jack is recessed too far into the phone then some adapters just won't fit all the way in and will only make contact with 2 or 3 of the rings. In that case, you'll have to find an adapter with a narrow base.

the phone manufacturer usually sells an appropriate adapter

for example I have a Palm with a 2.5mm output, and Palm sells a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter thats compatable with the phone

another option, depending on your phone, might be BT headphones (if it will support it)

otherwise, you will generally need an adapter

Just did some testing with my samsung a900. It appears that the 1st pole on the jack ( the tip) is the mic out. 2nd and 3rd are left and right, and the 4th is ground. If the phone is a 3 pole jack then it'll be mic, Right, then Ground. Whatever it may be, it appears you won't be able to get stereo out even with an adapter since the poles for headphones are 1st Left, 2nd Right, 3rd Ground. So you'll only get the Right channel when you plug in headphones.

Just did some testing with my samsung a900. It appears that the 1st pole on the jack ( the tip) is the mic out. 2nd and 3rd are left and right, and the 4th is ground. If the phone is a 3 pole jack then it'll be mic, Right, then Ground. Whatever it may be, it appears you won't be able to get stereo out even with an adapter since the poles for headphones are 1st Left, 2nd Right, 3rd Ground. So you'll only get the Right channel when you plug in headphones.

Will the Blackberry Tour work in stereo?

wow, you're going to trash the phone instead of buying the appropriate adapter or otherwise compatable headphones, or, god forbid, wiring your own adapter

ITT: we waste things for no reason

wow, you're going to trash the phone instead of buying the appropriate adapter or otherwise compatible headphones, or, god forbid, wiring your own adapter

Not really. Also not really sure what you mean by ITT: either. What does that mean? But anyway, I've wanted the Blackberry Tour for many reasons already. This is just another good reason to ditch my phone(sell it), and buy the Tour.

By the way, Kindly STFU and get out of my thread. I don't remember inviting your sarcasm. I'll buy any phone I want. I say that with due respect too. Don't worry about what I want to do, worry about yourself. GOD FORBID. :D:p:D

Not really. Also not really sure what you mean by ITT: either. What does that mean? But anyway, I've wanted the Blackberry Tour for many reasons already. This is just another good reason to ditch my phone(sell it), and buy the Tour.

By the way, Kindly STFU and get out of my thread. I don't remember inviting your sarcasm. I'll buy any phone I want. I say that with due respect too. Don't worry about what I want to do, worry about yourself. GOD FORBID. :D:p:D

oh, wow, what a jackass

nevermind that people have been trying to help you (me among them), nope, just burn it all to the ground and have your tantrum....not my money being wasted anyways :)

oh, wow, what a jackass

nevermind that people have been trying to help you (me among them), nope, just burn it all to the ground and have your tantrum....not my money being wasted anyways :)

I'm the jackass, when you started with the negativity?

You would've remained helpful too if you didn't start telling me what's wrong with me, mainly because you don't understand my opinion or see the whole picture.

Really? How is selling my friend this phone that he has been asking me to sell to him wasting anything? Especially since I've told him for awhile now that I want the Tour(which was not out when I got my current phone). Or to the fact that having the Tour(I'm on Verizon) or Iphone or Bold(if I used AT&T) would make my job a little easier since I have to currently configure the iphone and Blackberry over the phone with students during the upcoming start of the school year(college) using an online document. Mind you, that's only for the students that can't do it themselves, but that seems to be a few(100).

All yeah, the phone would have 10 other great(better then mentioned above) uses too.

But how is that wasting? hmmm. Just curious.

Back