need some game software/hardware advice

VladDracule

[H]ard|Gawd
Im expecting my new laptop tomorrow, a Sager P180 that sports dual 6990's in xfire. Im looking for a few games to test it out on. Im thinking about Kingdoms of Amular, and either COD MW3 or BF3.

Which of the two MW3 and BF3 in general do people think is better? Chances are ill play it mostly online, and not really much into the campaign.

I want a really good RPG, and Kingdoms of Amular seems to fit the bill currently, i may pick up skytim for the main point of checking out modding, which i have never done (not programming just using)

I also wish to run emulators on the laptop, most specifically playstation one for the final fantasy series, and maybe N64/dreamcast for the super smash brother games

I want a controller to use these for, i know my local BB has the logitech i believe it was the 210 model? is this model good enough to run with emulators, with good enough driver support?

Im waiting for Terra to come out i think that will be my next MMO to play, as SWTOR has kinda lost my interest as of late

If you really want to test your machine out, play Metro 2033, or atleast check it out and see if you like it.

You said you want a good RPG experience, I suggest playing Final Fantasy Tactics on your Playstation emulator. If your a fan of Diablo style actions rpg's , play Titan Quest and its expansion Immortal Throne.

They sell many USB converted controllers on ebay that are excellent for emulators
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=n64+usb+controller

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
There's a laptop that has dual 6990s?! How in the fu**...do you have to carry a backpack for the battery?

Metro 2033 and The Witcher 2 as LeninGHOLA said with Ubersampling.

As good as Battlefield 3 looks, it's not a backbreaker for most rigs. They did an impressive job with it, IMO.

im more interested in gameplay of BF3 vs MW and which one is better online, the laptop has the bigfoot wireless adapter which doesnt have bluetooth so ill have to look at picking up a dongle, i was unaware the ps3 controller would work thats fantastic

im more interested in gameplay of BF3 vs MW and which one is better online, the laptop has the bigfoot wireless adapter which doesnt have bluetooth so ill have to look at picking up a dongle, i was unaware the ps3 controller would work thats fantastic

Apples to Oranges comparison. This question is major flamebait.

Back