need some ebay advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdabc123

Supreme [H]ardness
listed some intel compute modals on ebay. after some back and fourth we agreed on a price for a few of them. he got me paid and i got an address. i always google the address to see if its a re shipper and looks like it is. everything apears to be a typical chargeback scam. last time i had this happened after a few phone calls everything worked out for me i got my money but im weary to go throw this mess again. looking for advice on what i should do. below is the address and name (they use names like this you you cant manually re rought the package through usps)

options i see are
1. find out how to cancel the sale
2. ship anyways and try to win dispute if it happens
3. ship rocks try to win dispute, profit?

https://www.google.com/search?q=621+Regis+Ave+Ste+39766+Pittsburgh+,+PA+15236-1422&oq=621+Regis+Ave+Ste+39766+Pittsburgh+,+PA+15236-1422&aqs=chrome..69i57.2639096j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Last edited:
I'd cancel it man - that google search shows several frauds... I had someone pull that crap on some 1060's I sold on eBay... Cancelling it will auto refund their $$$ if paid by paypal.

I'd cancel it man - that google search shows several frauds... I had someone pull that crap on some 1060's I sold on eBay... Cancelling it will auto refund their $$$ if paid by paypal.

yea i went ahead and did that. had the same thing happen on a 295x2 i sold abit ago. ended up winning the dispute but it was a pita.

options i see are
1. find out how to cancel the sale

Click on ebay item - Cancel order. Done. Zero tolerance for foreigners playing games with reshippers. There are also certain zipcodes that are scammer/reshipper hotspots and I recognize them near instantly before I even have to google anything (generally south Florida and NYC). If I say "No International" it's no m.f. international. I don't care if they have 1000 feedback. I have enough challenges just dealing with legit buyers and their weird OCD bullshit "Well you know there was a little tear in the shrinkwrap of the item, do you think shipping caused that or is that how it already was or" :headdesk:

2. ship anyways and try to win dispute if it happens
3. ship rocks try to win dispute, profit?

No offense, are you a kid? There should really be no room in your life for playing these kinds of games, plus they have a way of biting you in the ass.

Last edited:
Click on ebay item - Cancel order. Done. Zero tolerance for foreigners trying to exploit re-shippers. I say NO INTERNATIONAL on my listings for a reason I don't care if they have 1000 feedback. I have enough problems and challenges just dealing with weirdfuck legit buyers and their OCD bullshit.

*Facedesk* Are you a kid?

yea i went ahead and canceled it re-shipers arn't even the main issue it looks almost certainly thet they would try the chargeback scam. The name given to ship to is Вячеслав Кузьмин usps will let you ship a package with that name but you cant enter the caractors in the website or call them to do anything once the package has left.

Click on ebay item - Cancel order. Done. Zero tolerance for foreigners playing games with reshippers. There are also certain zipcodes that are scammer/reshipper hotspots and I recognize them near instantly before I even have to google anything (generally south Florida and NYC). If I say "No International" it's no m.f. international. I don't care if they have 1000 feedback. I have enough challenges just dealing with legit buyers and their weird OCD bullshit "Well you know there was a little tear in the shrinkwrap of the item, do you think shipping caused that or is that how it already was or" :headdesk:

No offense, are you a kid? There should really be no room in your life for playing these kinds of games, plus they have a way of biting you in the ass.
I'm rather sure he was being sarcastic...

The only proper response to "need some eBay advice" is "don't sell on eBay."

The only proper response to "need some eBay advice" is "don't sell on eBay."

you do have a fair point and its listed over here and on fourms for less then it was on ebay. why is it so hard to have a normal transaction on ebay :( i buy stuff all the time with no issue but every time i go to sell isue after issue

I've sold and shipped some items to re-shippers and never got scammed. Wasn't aware that scammers used these places as part of their scheme. I will be more careful next time I ship to one of these locations.

I've sold and shipped some items to re-shippers and never got scammed. Wasn't aware that scammers used these places as part of their scheme. I will be more careful next time I ship to one of these locations.

not always terrible. i google the address before hand and with most reshippers abunch of red flags will pop up because somone is pulling this bs. i also think its better to wait till the last minute to ship for ebay. i have got that fun "dont ship your item" message after it was shipped.

The first rule of EBay: FUCK EBAY!
The second rule of EBay: FUCK EBAY! (Now how do I get this thing to blink and scroll as well?)

I gave up on it years ago. And the protections for a seller aren't any better today.
I'd rather throw equipment away or donate it than deal with it ever again.

The first rule of EBay: FUCK EBAY!
The second rule of EBay: FUCK EBAY! (Now how do I get this thing to blink and scroll as well?)

I gave up on it years ago. And the protections for a seller aren't any better today.
I'd rather throw equipment away or donate it than deal with it ever again.

This ^

I buy there but refuse to sell, i'd trash can it first.

If they are a legit buyer, tell them to send cash or a postal MO and it'll ship after you are sure the funds are legit.

Alright just a update I got the guys email and we worked out a sale using crypto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back