Need some assistance with programming some older Cisco SPA509G phones

djgizmo

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm a entry level voip tech (but have had several years as a desktop support/help desk person) for a small voip provider that is trying to make some Cisco SPA509 series phones work with a non-cisco pbx. (we're replacing a UC320 that's dying).

The main issue I'm having now is programming a soft key that Dials *6. This star command sends the current call to the new pbx 'parking lot'.

I've tried to setup a speed dial, however when I press that speed dial button, it tries to initiate a new call and dial *6 which does nothing.

In the webgui for the phone, I go to Voice>Phone>

in PSK1 I have: fnc=sd;ext=*[email protected];nme=Park

I've read the user manual and the administration manual for these phones, and I can't seem to find the full programming function code list. Can someone point me in the right direction?

sad face... didn't work.

when I use the above (with my appropriate info), the phone tries to pick up a new line to call extension *6.

sigh, just wish I could send a DTMF tone.

Don't know about cisco phones specifically but my home snom & grandstream phones have an option to send DTMF tones, IIRC.

sad face... didn't work.

when I use the above (with my appropriate info), the phone tries to pick up a new line to call extension *6.

sigh, just wish I could send a DTMF tone.

Another thing to try is
fnc=sd;usr=*6@$PROXY;nme=Park

Also apparently there is a setting somewhere in the web UI for "Keep Referee when REFER Failed" that must be set to Yes.

If that doesn't work, make sure you are running the latest firmware. I also read somewhere that earlier versions of the firmware did not support this.

Lots of people seem to be doing this with the SPA509g and Asterisk/FreePBX so it certainly seems possible.

Keep me updated, I have a few clients that use those phones. I could always log in and check the settings next time I'm there.

Logged into the phones tonight to create a 'dedicated backline button'.

the "Keep Referee when REFER Failed" is on the SIP page. Going to be testing this out in the morning to see if works.

BTW, do you know if paging works with these older phones and Asterisk style PBX's? I tested it out Friday and couldn't get it to work.

Lastly, I'd love a resource besides the Admin manual for learning more about the programming of these phones. It's like all the functions were never documented publicly.

ok, fixed the paging by using the Multicast paging. (gotta love that its enabled by default at 800#)

Still wish I could figure out the speed dial issue while connected.

Lastly, to your knowledge, do you know if Asterisk supports sending a call to a specific parking extension?

Back