Need some advice...

Ludic

2[H]4U
I haven't been keeping track of the video card releases as of late, but I'm debating on what to upgrade in my rig.

EVGA has a B-stock version of my card for ~$160 (640MB 8800GTS (NOT G-92)), and I could run each of my dual monitors off of one card (1600x1200 for both).

Alternatively, I've debated on buying a 24" Gateway LCD, and running 3 monitors. But then I'd have to buy at least one more video card anyway.

I guess I wonder what you would do in my situation, without spending $1000's of dollars.

You can't run more than one monitor in an SLI setup, let alone three :(. Only one works if you're running SLI, unless you disable it which kind of defeats the purpose of having two good cards ;). I would just buy a cheap PCI-E card or PCI card to run the extra monitor(s) off of for $20-50 and call it a day.

I know you can't run SLI with multiple monitors. I would run each monitor (2 as of right now), off of each card. I have the ability to run 3 video cards on my motherboard, and given unlimited money, I would SLI a 24" monitor in the center and run both 20" off of the third card.

Given that money is a finite resource, I'm trying to find the best bang for my buck so to speak.

Back