Need some Advice on new monitor

Jrobert69

n00b
I am trying to do a crash course on upgrading my monitor to a 32 inch 1080p hdtv. I have followed dozens of links to learn what my options are. It seems the more I read the more difficult it is to figure out. It will be a permanent desktop monitor- used for mostly movies and online gaming, web email etc. Looking for something with great input time, low lag. Like to keep it under 700.00 or so. Can anyone throw some ideas out please.

Will something like this do or am I way off?
Philips 32" 1080p 120Hz Class LCD HDTV with Pixel Plus 3HD - 32PFL6704D/F7

Or this here with super ips panel
LG 32" 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV 32LH40
Or this
LG 37" 1080p LCD HDTV 37LH30

Last edited:
Any particular reason you want something that big for you're desktop? You'll probably end up sitting pretty far back...

Any particular reason you want something that big for you're desktop? You'll probably end up sitting pretty far back...
I watch quite a bit of movies on my pc- its a child free zone, as they now own the living room.
And I like to game, I dont want to buy something I shouldn't have and learn after the fact. Not when you have so many experienced people here that have done it already.

Dont tell me I am going to shoot my eye out...

Screw it, I got it on newegg for 470.00 delivered. Real sweet deal. Doesn't work Ill stick it in my bedroom and start over. Anyone else interested use promo code EMCYPZN39.

Last edited:
I know this thread is a few days old, but I ran across it and had to comment. I have been using a 37" Westinghouse LVM-37w3 as my main PC monitor for the last 18 months or so, and I could never go back to a smaller monitor again. I sit about 3.5 feet away from the screen, and I don't have any problems with eye-strain. I'm not saying this screen size is for everyone... but if you have no experience with it, don't shoot the idea down for other people.

Jrobert69, hope you enjoy your new screen! :)

Its amazing, wish I had done it sooner. No input lag that I can notice, no ghosting. I can relax back in the chair and do anything and everything. Highly recommend it.

Back