Need some advice on hiding a small mistake

pheenix

Limp Gawd
I know it looks rough, but I haven't finished filing the edges down, and the case will be repainted. That's not the issue. It's my first real attempt at a case mod, so I'm expecting a few flub ups. I need some advice on hiding the substandard cut on the right side of the power supply. Right now I'm thinking about sanding, and painting a spare PCI slot cover. It looks like it would hide it fairly well.

psufit.jpg

Here's the top of the case with a 32GB USB 40mm Grenade on top.
top2.jpg

Last edited:
molding is pretty smart, once installed, the psu should butt up aginst it and and because its metal on rubber, it should stop any rattleing. get the right side, the bottom, the left side and the angle at the top, with the small straight cut at the top as well, leave the handle cutout alown, or but a small piece of rubber behind it so it closes any gaps.

I'll give molding a try...I'm gonna need some anyways for the blowhole on the lid. I'll still keep the pci bracket idea as a fallback. Though there is no room by the power cord socket for any molding.

On the corners just miter cut the corners, use separate pieces and take your time cutting the corners not sure if its really gonna totally cover that right side gap. If it doesn't you could try cutting another plate from thing sheet metal or from acrylic sheet.

Goodluck!

On the corners just miter cut the corners, use separate pieces and take your time cutting the corners not sure if its really gonna totally cover that right side gap. If it doesn't you could try cutting another plate from thing sheet metal or from acrylic sheet.

Goodluck!

I'm going to try and use your metal plate idea....

You might even be able to use a power supply plate from a junk case and just cut out the handle portion from the plate, and then screw or rivet it to your new case.

It doesn't matter anymore. I failed to measure things out and there's no room on that side for the motherboard's i/o plate. I'm going to have to wait until I get my hands on another .50 ammo can. I should have cut the PSU port on the other side.

Looks like I can correct the mistakes since I'm going to be using a pico atx PSU. Cover up the hole with some wire mesh...and combine that with the 120mm fan on top and there's the air circulation. I'll create a thread in the worklog category when I make the necessary corrections

Back