Need some advice for a new monitor

narsbars

2[H]4U
I have to get a new monitor for my wife. She says the 27in. monitor I gave her is too big, the only smaller I have is 14in. She is not a gamer but needs a good quality monitor for 2D production work. Her rig is an X570, 3600XT, 4 gig 5600 GPU. I would use a small 4K TV, or a monitor but any small monitor I find is usually lousy quality. Anyone have any idea what I can use between 19 to 23 inch max? Does NOT need to be 4K or a gaming ready high FPS model to look at Word docs.
Thanks for any ideas.

Sounds like all she really wants/needs it a standard 24" monitor. I personally wouldn't buy anything smaller than 24. And I'd get an IPS model.

The IPS seems like a must, you are right. I am sure she wants nothing larger than a 19 to 23 inch max.

Last edited:
Dell used to have decent ones so I would check these https://www.dell.com/en-us/work/sho...19h/apd/210-AQCI/monitors-monitor-accessories but I'd also advise a 24" 16:10 screen if it's mainly for work. Size wise it takes some time to get used to bigger monitors. I would also ask her reasons for disliking it, is it space it occupies, distance she sits from it, etc. that makes her prefer smaller?

Thanks, not sure if you have been married or for how long, but her reasons are because that is what she wants. I have learned to say "yes dear". If it turns out wrong she always admits it and says can we try again.

Back