Need some advice and help about overclocking (8700k)

Elric82

Limp Gawd
Hi !
I have a delid cpu, maximus hero X, Eisbaer LT 360 for cooling

First question is about the manual OC

i've tried to set up an oc profile but I have some questions about it

Tried at 48 all core
XMP profile
manual override
vcore 1.26
LLC 5
Cache 42/42
C state on
BCLK Aware Adaptative Voltage : Disable
Internal CPU Power Management : Long Duration Package Power Limit : 4095 Max)
Internal CPU Power Management : Short Duration Package Power Limit : 4095 Max
IA DC Loadline : 0.01
IA AC Loadline : 0.01
Spread Spectrum : disabled

My temps are around max at 68 degres on some cores in cpu demanding games

At idle it's around 37 but i got spikes to45 even 50 at some point when i launch chrome for example. It does not last at all but I was wondering if its normal.

So i was wondering if those temps are ok and if i should tweak other settings.

Some people tell me it's fine, other that they have lower temps without delid of with higher OC so iIdon't know what I should think. Someone on a FB group just told me that at 5GHz, with a vccore at 1.35, gaming never goes over 50° for example, i find it very very low even with a perfect delid no?
I was told that maybe the delid was botched.. Haven't done it myself so I don't know and I don't feel comfortable enought to do it

Second question : I tried to set up an adaptive profile at the same clocks.

SVID Enabled
SVID behavior : best case scenario
addtional turbo mode core : 1.265
offset -
IA DC Loadline : 0.01
IA AC Loadline : 0.01
BCLK Aware Adaptative Voltage : Disabled
Min cpu cache ratio : auto
max cpu cache ratio : 44

Without putting auto on min cache cpu ration, the vcore wasnt dropping when idle.

The issue here is that I realized in adaptive setting, there was a weird sound coming out of the cpu, something close to the sound of a working HDD mixed with a buzzing.. No Idea what causes that, if someone has some idea?
smile.gif

Thanks for the help

Never heard of cpu noise, but 68° is nothing to be alarmed at. The jumps to 50 are just points where the loop didn’t have ability react immediately and also normal.

Well it's more a noise coming close to the CPU, only in adaptive mode. Sound like electric buzzing mixed with a sound of a working hard drive . Weird.

On another forum, some people told me my temps were too warm for a delid CPU claiming their8700k was around 25 idle and 50 max gaming or during cinebench.

Even for a badass CPU with the most awesome delid, i have trouble to believe that, am I right?

If you’re running your fans full on with a 360, I would think it’s higher than average.

If your fans are running low or near off (pwm control), that’s not a crazy number. How are your fans powered/controlled?

The issue here is that I realized in adaptive setting, there was a weird sound coming out of the cpu, something close to the sound of a working HDD mixed with a buzzing.. No Idea what causes that, if someone has some idea?

Contrary to popular belief solid state components are not necessarily quiet - especially when they are switching circuits. PWM controls switch power on and off at various frequencies to control the amount of power going through circuits. This switching can be heard as a low-volume (or sometimes louder) high pitched buzzing. The faster the switching and shorter the pulse width, the higher the buzzing pitch. A computer motherboard is full of PWM switching circuits that do make this high pitched buzzing noise.

My fans are on a rheobus so on idle i just leave them around 50%. When i'm gamind or doing something more heavy, I push them 100% so i guess there is a little issue somewhere maybe?

Contrary to popular belief solid state components are not necessarily quiet - especially when they are switching circuits. PWM controls switch power on and off at various frequencies to control the amount of power going through circuits. This switching can be heard as a low-volume (or sometimes louder) high pitched buzzing. The faster the switching and shorter the pulse width, the higher the buzzing pitch. A computer motherboard is full of PWM switching circuits that do make this high pitched buzzing noise.

Ah ok well it was annoying I must say so I guess i'll keep my manual OC profile

Vcore goes from 1.248 to 1.264 on this profile, probably because of LLC?

What should be my temps during gaming on demanding games ?

Are there other settings i should tweak for better temps?

Last edited:
Little Up.

What should be my settings for

CPU VCCIO Voltage
Cpu System agent voltage

I have 3466mhz ram

Also, what about CPU standby voltage?

Should I put CPu phase control to extreme?

Thanks

Back